Skip to main content
index page

Heard bad news at work..

Submitted by bea2ls on Wed, 02/25/2009 - 06:19
Credits:
[Donate]

Well, I was not at work but i read about it in the newspaper.. they are talking hiring freezes and pay freezes at my work. i work for local government and they did not say anything to us yet but there it was in the newspaper.
i am scared to death over lay-offs, i am barely making ends meet now, cannot find a second job for the life of me and here comes this. i have been here longer than some (I have maybe six employees or so under me) but only have three years service time.
to think i was stupid enough to start planning a vacation this summer..

well as long as it's just a hiring freeze.i wouldn't worry.same with the pay freeze.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 02/25/2009 - 06:37

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

thanks, there are so many rumors flying about maybe lay-offs and it's so scary ya know? everyday i go to work i am so grateful and it makes me so sad to hear about people losing their jobs. i literally worry about my whole family and their jobs, i just can't wait for the recession to end!

Submitted by bea2ls on Wed, 02/25/2009 - 06:39

bea2ls

( Posts: 3840 | Credits: )

bea, maybe if you do get laid off, you can go work in a different department until something in your field opens up again? Not sure how local goverment works.

our company is being sold by the end of the year.. so i'm trying to save up as much as I can.. there's no talk of closing this office down when it does get sold.. but who knows in this economy. I know there was also talk of pay freezes as well. We went through that in 2002, i think. I'd much rather have a pay freeze then no job. I thought forsure that they'd lay everyone in my department off when they gave what work we do have to our overseas department, but they just have us shuffled into different departments helping them.

Submitted by beli2005 on Wed, 02/25/2009 - 12:10

beli2005

( Posts: 882 | Credits: )