Skip to main content
index page

Health Notice? Help!

Submitted by bea2ls on Wed, 07/29/2009 - 16:59
Credits:
[Donate]

Hey, I guess I mostly need to vent and wanted to see if anyone had any insight..
when i got home today i noticed a notice from my city's department of health - it said to call a number because of a complaint and violation.
on the back it said:
"you must stop dumping dog feces over the back yard fence onto the city owned property.
If you continue to do so, a court summons (underlined) will be issued for your arrest"

has anyone heard anything like this? i am terrified! first of all let me explain, i live next door to a block of two city owned houses. they are disgusting! they have cats everywhere, a dead cat in the back yard, mold growing outside. i have never dumped anything in that yard and i do not even have a fence!
i do have a dog but i always take care of him when i take him outside, which my landlord agreed with.
can they do this to me??? i found out the neighbor on the other side of the vacant house also got this notice..
i am really upset.. this is the last thing i need! plus me and my dog were on vacation earlier this month, we were not even here!!!

oh and to make things worse my landlord was complaining about how i went away and my rent is always late.. plus i will be late next month! i really laid it on thick and kept apologizing, but i am seriously really scared..
i plan on sending a certified letter to the city, as well as going in person (which means i have to miss time at work). I just do not know what else to do, how can they give me an arrest warrant for something i did not do??

Submitted by bea2ls on Wed, 07/29/2009 - 17:03

bea2ls

( Posts: 3840 | Credits: )

don't judge us guest.we are human beings just like you.this landlord has been giving bea2ls trouble for awhile.so stop with the shots.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 07/30/2009 - 05:21

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

thanks, paul.. this landlord has given me many problems, and I have no idea why he is suddenly complaining - i really did pay before i went away and i really needed that vacation :(

i called the department of health and told them of course i was not doing this (who would?) i mentioned the dead cat, the stray cats and the fact that i do not have a fence! my name was on this and it was hand written (but again, my dog is licensed under my name). they said if i said i did not do this, than it's fine but it seems too serious to let go. i am going to send a ceritified letter.. i cannot wait until this lease is over and i can move to a more affordable apartment in a nicer part of town :(

Submitted by bea2ls on Thu, 07/30/2009 - 06:11

bea2ls

thanks :) my main problem is the nicer apartment complex does credit checks :( but it is seriously at least $100 cheaper (depending on which units are available) and as i said, in a much better, safer part of town! my credit is still pretty beat (though I am actually debt free at this point - thanks to this board, i do not owe any credit cards or anything!! :) ), and at least i have a steady job, perhaps they can look at those things? i was never late with rent in my life until the economy turned :(

Submitted by bea2ls on Thu, 07/30/2009 - 06:34

bea2ls

Do you have anything that proves that you were away last month? Like an intinerary, old plane ticket stubs, things like that? I would copy all of that as proof and send it to the city, showing them that you were not there. Also, did you kennel your dog and do you have a receipt for that? That would be the best and would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you didn't do it.

Submitted by kscornell on Thu, 07/30/2009 - 08:48

kscornell

( Posts: 4407 | Credits: )

thanks, i actually took my dog with me :) but that is on the contract of the rental i have. I will include copies in my certified letter, they said it is taken care of but I do not see how they can make such a strong accusation and than take it back.. what makes me feel a little less worried is that the neighbors on the other side have recieved the same notice and perhaps it is just standard to give on to each neighbor. but what scares me is that if i do not even know what they are talking about, than how will i know if it happens again and will i get blamed?
this is just the most random, weirdest thing.. and i am still upset about my landlord, lol.. he is a trip anyway and probably part of the problem since he was fined several times with the department of health for various things - that is probably why they keep such a sharp eye on the property to begin with :(
but honestly, i do not even think the neighbors are doing this, i think it's the strays that we have?

Submitted by bea2ls on Thu, 07/30/2009 - 08:55

bea2ls

I was in a similar situation as yours. My credit was bad but I got approved for another place. I think all they look at is if you broke a rental lease in your past, at least that is what the new place told me. Good luck

Submitted by on Fri, 07/31/2009 - 08:27

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )