Skip to main content
index page

I'm sorry I have to vent

Submitted by beli2005 on Wed, 02/18/2009 - 09:56
Credits:
[Donate]

but do people even google/search anymore?

I sweare the last few questions that have been asked in various threads a simple search would have found an answer.

Okay done venting.

beli,alot of people are here because of GOOGLE.they type in either a CA or PDL and alot of the time it shows a link to this forum.why you ask?because alot of bottomfeeders don't give addresses,they spoof caller id,and a bunch of other tricks.i don't knock people for coming here and asking questions.heck i was as green as FROGPATCH when i first posted.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 02/18/2009 - 10:38

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Ohh paul, I realize that, i was refering to one thread that specifically asked for an e-mail when/if they would have googled the business name of the company would've pulled up their website/and thus their contact info.

In fact when I googled the company name, it was the first hit in google.

Submitted by beli2005 on Wed, 02/18/2009 - 11:24

beli2005

( Posts: 882 | Credits: )

I know how frustrating that can be. It sort of goes the same way with search on here as well as the sticky threads.

I can only assume they are so distraught at the time and excited to find these forums that they just post in a hurry and don't think of searching or reading some stickies first.

I often wondered if it would be better to have people register before they can post as the "guest" posts can get confusing because you can't tell if it is the same guest posting in different threads asking for the same information. It may also stop the trolling posts and weird language posts.

I fear though that may stop people from getting the help they need. They may want help or to ask a question anonymously.

Submitted by nohiogal on Thu, 02/19/2009 - 02:27

nohiogal

( Posts: 2582 | Credits: )