Skip to main content
index page

Can a lawyer file for emergancy hearing?

Submitted by beli2005 on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 11:36
Credits:
[Donate]

just a sort backround

Bf who we'll call (D) to keep things simple has an 12 year old son(M) that has not been in school for 2 almost 2 1/2 months. His ex wife (S)is dating someone(J) who supposidly has an ax to grind with D, and has threatened him several times (i've heard the vm's and D has filed police reports against J). Back late last year, D got sick and was unable to work for a month and was laid off while recooperating. Well M was living with realitives due to S's lack of place to stay (apparently she got kicked out of her appartment). Well at the begining of January D got the all clear from doctors to go back to work. Well no sooner than a week after D got back to work S came came and got her son from reatlives and no one has heard from any of them since. (that's the short version of this). He was scheduled to come visit his son a week later. He was in MI and unable to see his son piror to that.

D does have a lawyer and has filed for full custody (currently he has only joint) and since the son is with his mother, no one in law enforcement seems to want to do anything. We found out earlier this week that J has missed a date with his Parole officer,and that has re-kicked the investigation. According to Missing children network the child since he is with his costidoal (SP) parent can't be deemed missing till a) 3 months has past or b) he has full custody. I've been trying to get him to pressure his lawyer since paperwork has been filed and given everything that has been going on to get an emergancy hearing for custody.

Am I wrong in thinking the lawyer can push the courts for this?

beli, there are a couple good free law sites that may be able to help. They both have message boards and registration is free. You might try them.

I have used both. One I got no answer on but the other did.

"http://www.thelaw.com/" and "http://www.freeadvice.com/"

The first one is the one I did get an answer to my question but it was on tenant laws.

Can't hurt to try though.

Submitted by nohiogal on Sat, 03/21/2009 - 02:48

nohiogal

( Posts: 2582 | Credits: )

Thanks Noh, we found out yesterday there's a court hearing next month on the divorce side of it (it was completed in 2004 but under future activity it lists a date of 04-28-2009 and description of status confrence)on a side note we MAY have found them.. thanks to US search. Police are going to stake out the address for a few days and observe their comming/going etc, then go in and arrest them if it is.

Submitted by beli2005 on Tue, 03/24/2009 - 07:50

beli2005

( Posts: 882 | Credits: )

Smo.. that's what i'm thinking since one of the addresses listed on USSearch was IL (a little bit past the WI border), though quite a bit away from where they are suppose to be.

I forwarded everyting to my bf that I found, and from talking to him last night, that was the address they couldn't find, apparently.. so i'm about 90% sure it is them, but the phone is in someone else's name. When I did the search, I did aliases, and roommates to cover all baises. (I did the search with his blessing btw)

Submitted by beli2005 on Tue, 03/24/2009 - 08:16

beli2005

( Posts: 882 | Credits: )