Skip to main content
index page

Obama calls for patience

Submitted by on Wed, 03/25/2009 - 08:30
Credits:
[Donate]

what is the poinion about Obama calls for patience?

LOL I can see the fireworks starting now :lol:

I have to say that anyone who HOPES Obama fails is not looking at the big picture ... if he fails, we ALL fail.

Did I vote for him? Nope. Do I hope the man drives us into the black abyss? Nope. But do I think he, his administration, Congress, The House and their programs will be the worst and most harmful in history? Yep.

Submitted by smo65d11 on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 09:51

smo65d11

( Posts: 1467 | Credits: )

Whether you call them Demopublicans or Republocrats, they are all in bed with the greedy.
I do not understand, though, how anyone could think for even a second that Bush was better. Bush has done more to destroy freedom and justice and the standard of America in the world than any other president.
It doesn't matter anymore who is elected President if the rest of the government is filled with corrupt beaurocrats and lobbyists are more important than the will of the American people and the Constitution of the United States that they are Sworn to protect and serve.

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Wed, 04/01/2009 - 23:56

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )

Bush has not only bankrupted our nation and killed needless thousands of both our soldiers & others. He has ruined our international reputation as a Peace keeper nation with the U.N. I never supported this so called war because you cannot win a war against an idea(prohibition,war on drugs,Vietnam). I support the troops since they must follow orders. Our new president is going to have a very full plate and I really hope our country recovers economically and we also get our full civil rights back that have been stomped on for the last eight years.

Submitted by cajunbulldog on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 07:55

cajunbulldog

( Posts: 4850 | Credits: )

Good points, however I agree with cajun and chris.

So many of my fellow troops have paid for hasty decisions made by the former. We all followed orders and we all stayed over in the sanbox to play GI Joe way longer than needed.

When we came back all we had to look foward to was bankruptcy and financial ruin. I really hope there is change soon for America, because we are at our wits end in robbing peter to pay paul :?

Submitted by Cool_Abyss on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 08:23

Cool_Abyss

( Posts: 2936 | Credits: )

Our country is in trouble. Not only with our reputation but also with our greed. I don't hope that our new President fails with his plans to recover some of what we've lost but I do fear that that some of the decisions being made aren't going to be helping us dig out of the hole anytime soon.

It's too early to tell. I honestly hope the man does even a halfway decent job.

Submitted by FYI on Sun, 04/05/2009 - 09:00

FYI

( Posts: 1950 | Credits: )

i also have to agree with smo, i did not vote for him (even though the other guy wasnt that much better) but i was hoping he would prove me wrong. So far he validated my fears and went above and beyond what i origionally thought. It was much worse than anticipated.

I pray he doesnt fail and proves me wrong or we are all in dear trouble.

Submitted by love_my_things on Sun, 04/05/2009 - 11:04

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

I worked on Obama's campaign :) Yes anyone who thinks that the Obama's lack corporate sponsors has not studied much politics or history :)

On the other hand, Bush was moving us in the direction of fascism. Fascism is when these corporate and military interests reign outside the democratic rule of law. Torture, indefinite detentions here and abroad and unregulated greed by corporations.

Obama, on the other hand is for corporate and military interests reigned in by the rule of law and the protection of individual freedom and REGULATED corporate Greed. *chuckle*

And in all seriousness that is a HUGE difference.

Anyone dealing with collection agencies and credit card companies must realize the need for regulation. That is what the FTC tries to enforce. It is not enough but it is what we currently have to work with!

So all I can say is..I wish he was even more different than he is from Bush. But this difference matters tremendously.

With him in office we can pass legislation to improve the life of ordinary people rather than those who make 300,000 a year plus!

YES We Can ! (I know I had to do it)

4Sety

Submitted by forsety on Sun, 04/05/2009 - 13:11

forsety

( Posts: 32 | Credits: )

I am anti-regulation. I do not consider the FDCPA or the FCRA to be regulation. They are short, sweet, and to the point: collect your debt but don't be a jerk about it. Saying, by law, "you cannot charge over 20% interest" is not what I call regulation, it's just laying down some necessary boundaries. People do rip other people off if they can get away with it in a society fueled by greed and sometimes daddy needs to smack them on the back of the head.

Would that "regulations" could be so simple!

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Sun, 04/05/2009 - 23:52

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )

Chuckle

Yes basically what is called regulations and viewed as limitations by companies are just your basic reasonable expectations of fairness.

But if one does not believe that companies have any social responsibility than these do in fact "limit" the companies ability to make outrageous profits :lol:

As I see the debate in our government:

Anti-regulation = Allow companies to make huge profits from absolutely unrestricted greed

Pro-regulation = Allow companies to make slightly less profits by introducing rules which put up some limitations (or as you say set some boundaries) for greed :)

Things get pretty clear when you realize that crooked collectors like Allied Interstate are divisions of AIG and other firms we have been bailing out!

Pretty funny that they then give people with no resources lectures about being irresponsible when they try to arrange reasonable payment plans

4Sety

Submitted by forsety on Mon, 04/06/2009 - 10:26

forsety

( Posts: 32 | Credits: )