Skip to main content
index page

Another Collection Company under fire!

Submitted by cajunbulldog on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 04:14
Credits:
[Donate]

From the Inside Arm Newsletter:

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott announced Wednesday that his office had charged a Dallas-based debt collection agency with using deceptive practices to collect from Texas consumers.

The AG’s office said that it filed a suit asking the courts to “permanently enjoin Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates, LLC from harassing Texas debtors with deceptive letters and unlawful telephone calls.”

Texas AG is filing & plans on collecting major fine money from these people. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's their response to the charges from the Dallas Business Journal:

Quote:

Debt collection agency Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates, LLC has responded to charges issued by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.

Abbott????????s office accuses Dallas-based Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates of violating the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act by failing to follow certain mandates related to the debt collections process.

The debt collection company says it learned of the lawsuit through third parties and has yet to be served with the lawsuit, making it impossible for the company to respond to the specific allegations.

The company said, ???????However, in the past and at all times, Crenshaw has fully cooperated with the Attorney General regarding any questions or requests for information they had regarding Crenshaw????????s business operations. At no time did the Attorney General indicate that it was in any way unsatisfied with Crenshaw????????s response and cooperation.???????

The debt collection agency also said it maintains a training program and a professional environment that is unrivaled in the industry.

The company added that it looks forward to working with the Attorney General to obtain a fair resolution.

In a statement Wednesday, Abbott????????s office said the Dallas-based collection company harassed debtors by mailing deceptive letters and participating in unlawful phone calls during the collections process.

The attorney general also accused the company of mailing letters with false claims to debtors during a 30-day hold period that is allotted to all debtors. Abbott????????s office says prior federal court rulings mandate that debt collectors cannot undermine a debtor????????s objection to a charge during the 30-day period.

Abbott????????s office added, ???????The state????????s enforcement action also accuses Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates of threatening to garnish consumers???????? wages or file liens against homesteads in violation of the Texas Debt Collection Act. According to several complaints, the defendant????????s representatives harassed, abused and threatened debtors during profanity-laden, repeated or continuous telephone calls.???????

Attorney General Abbott is seeking up to $20,000 in civil penalties for each violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.

Submitted by NASCAR_Devil on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 05:18

NASCAR_Devil

( Posts: 4671 | Credits: )

typical,deny deny deny.i bet there are some taped conversations of this CA.mobile is right.what goes around comes around.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 06:55

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I just read Kevin Trudeau Debt Cure book

when the debt gets sold and resold you are not dealing with anyone who cares about following any laws they just want to intimidate you into paying whatever you will admit to

don't talk to debt collector ask for validation don't ever admit any sort of debt DO NOT TALK TO COLLECTOR ON PHONE get everything they have to say in writing and then deal with it or ignore until sol runs out!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by on Mon, 08/11/2008 - 22:08

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Based on your comments about Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates, L.L.C., it is clear that you have concerns regarding your account. Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates welcomes the opportunity to address your concerns and issues and encourages you to call our Dispute Coordinator, Jared, at 214-368-2980 extension 2309. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you in the spirit of cooperation to resolve your account.

Submitted by on Wed, 08/20/2008 - 13:44

I am trying to get out of debt and I am confused by some of the posts on this site. I have gone into different forums and it seems like, people like unclewulf, are showing people how not to pay their debt....I, unlike most of the "moderators", am trying to get information on how best to take care of my debt NOT get around paying it....

Submitted by on Sun, 08/24/2008 - 06:37