Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Student Loans and Education Debt forums

Huge problem with CFS Suntech and loan interest

member profile picture

We consolidated our student loans from the US dept of education in March of 2004. We got 1098 e forms from all the direct loans that were paid off.
We consolidate my dh's loan to another company because they are just sucky. now they are telling me that he doesnt get the interest that was paid when it was paid off becuse the money came from a "consolidation" company. BULL PUCKEY!! It was paid on my dh's behalf. so on the phone with them, thent he IRS and even my new consolidation compant to not only get an itemized detail of what they paid and to find out what their policy is on this situation.
So I call CFS Suntech back and they try to tell me the same carp again, we didnt pay it ourselves. BULL the interest is NOW In the principal balance we are paying to lender #2. WTHECK!!?!?!?
I told them that I contacted the irs and we went thru the pub 970 and the taxpayers relief of 1997 and NOTHING says that if it is a consolidation comp that we cant take the student loan interest credit.
That CFS Suntech needed to send me a copy of the paper that says that I am not entitled and not on their letter head. SOMETHING that the government says that I am not allowed to have that credit because of "a consolidation company" paid it.
If they cant provide that, I will open a can of worms that they wont like. I will make it my life goal to get them in deep doo doo with whoever will listen and can take action!
I am getting tired of this stupid people!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I ... can not find a phone number.

First link in Google has their number and address:
" s/private/snapshot.asp?p..."

Sub: #11 posted on Fri, 09/04/2009 - 04:57

Chrys Henderson Chrys Henderson

(Posts: 2538 | Credits: )

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Re: I have been unable to contact CFS Suntech to find out my balance. does anyone know how to get in touch with them?
Chase services my CFS Suntech loan. They tell you to log on to w w w . c s l s e r v i c i n g . c o m to access your 1098, but I couldn't find it there. Call 1-800-489-5005 and go past where they tell you to go to the website. They will tell you your reportable interest on the automated line.

I believe I made the switch from US DoE to CFS suntech services and I have tried googling all online to find out where I can logon to see my balance or make extra payment. These idiots have not sent me anything in months, maybe even years since I allowed them to debit from my account. They suck!

Sub: #12 posted on Mon, 09/21/2009 - 20:32


all of the loans were moved to Chase.

Sub: #13 posted on Sat, 07/03/2010 - 00:31


I just found out that my ex wife did not pay my student oan and it has defaulted. What do I do now? I would like to make payments on the loan. Thanks in advance -

Sub: #14 posted on Tue, 01/04/2011 - 12:00


What type of loan? Federal or private? Either way, they are going to persue you, not her.

Sub: #15 posted on Tue, 01/04/2011 - 12:50

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17319 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.172 seconds.