Skip to main content
index page

? on reaging of accounts

Submitted by on Mon, 09/25/2006 - 10:15
Credits:
[Donate]

ive checked my credit report and i have 2 of the same account #s listed under dif names..the original was charged off and l8tr bought by a debt collector.i know the sol is soon to runnning out by i dont think it has as of yet.. anyway original debt said pd in 05/2003 new account said opened in 05/2004.. is this considered reaging an account and is it legal to do so?btw i have a court date set for this thurs and did not know until recently about dv.. any help would be appreciated

I am just curious, why should it be listed under a new account?? And, you must send the debt validation letter to the collection agency immediately. You need to know if they have your proper info about this debt. I don't know if this legal case is at all valid unless they have your details. Do all communications with the company in writing and through certified mail.

Check the court papers with your local county. Details must be available in their records.

Submitted by keystrokes on Mon, 09/25/2006 - 10:31

keystrokes

( Posts: 495 | Credits: )

i dont know if its actually listed as new account. all i know is it is listed on there 2 times.. same account numbers..1st is from original creditor.2nd is from the debt buyer.. th original account says account closed in 2001 and it says pd in 05/2003.. which i dont know if thats when i pd it or it was bought by other lender..anyhow another account with teh same account # is listed as bein open and says it was opened in 05/2004..this account is with a collector it says collection account on it.. im not sure if this is reaging or not and if by law its allowed .. sorry to confue anybody

Submitted by on Mon, 09/25/2006 - 10:58

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )