Skip to main content
index page

First Financial Asset Mgmt

Submitted by on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 08:46
Credits:
[Donate]

Has anyone heard of First Financial Asset Management.? They are based in Atlanta and seem to be connected to Palisades Acquisitions. I have done a search on First Financial and nothing came up.

First Financial is a collection agency that picks up old debts for pennies on the dollar. They then make harrassing phone calls threating to sue and garnish wages. They have a habit of trying to humiliate you. When you try to explain to them your situation, they get even worse and will generally hang up on you. They are mearly a bunch of VULTURES praying on others hardships. I woouls venture to say, none of their representitaves know anything about the fair credit act.

Submitted by on Fri, 05/22/2009 - 15:48

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

first financial called me for the first time they are rude like to make you fill bad like you took something away from there family .they would not let me make arrangements threw mail they only would take a credit card if i had one i would have already paid this off .they are rude . and not willing to work with you they called me one day and said i had until the next to get them some money or my dad who is on disabilty would receive a 1099 to turn in as earned income for the irs .people are already having trouble paying there bills with the economy.

Submitted by on Mon, 11/16/2009 - 14:20

I have been thoroughly investigating this "company" and am contacting our attorney. They will call all relation to you in the area phone directory to try to get your number. They are very pushy and unprofessional and do not keep notes on anything you have discussed with them. I am dealing directly with the previous company money was owed to and this company is not getting a dime. Almost sent them money.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/03/2010 - 04:31

Wow. I am so glad that I found this information on this company. Don't know who they are and definitely did not authorize a payment yet money came out of my account with their information attached. I had my bank reverse the charge and they did so since the phone number listed for them in Destin, FL says that the number is no longer in service. Sketchy. I do have debt but never made any payment arrangements with them. I am going to investigate further but this is ridiculous. BBB gives them a bad rating.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/09/2010 - 15:29

I'm a college student and not completely familiar with how the entire credit process works; I rarely use my credit card. First Financial called (from a North Carolina area code), stating that the balance on my card was off and that something hadn't been paid for. I have a limit on my card and rarely use it, so I wasn't sure what this was all about. The man on the phone was quite vague. When I hesitated and asked to call him back after speaking to my mom (to whom the bills are sent), the man insisted that I pay right away. He asked for my information so I could pay the balance immediately with my debit card. He was somewhat rude and the whole thing was rather sketchy. I don't think I should have given him my information, and I'm definitely going to look into the situation.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/12/2010 - 12:41

i just finished paying off a credit card i had debt on....set up 2 payments of $186 and paid them both. The account was paid for and closed and a week later they are trying to charge me another payment of $186 when i dont owe anything more. This company is very sketchy.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/30/2010 - 15:27

Currently they are really trying to "scam" me on a set up accident they say my car caused in a parking lot. Maybe that happened, but they have no proof and all my info wrong. Sent a letter demanding $ 490. for something I don't even think ocurred.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/30/2010 - 16:05

One of their agents gave my home number to her brother who called and threated me. She also called me at home from her personal phone to harass me after hours.These people are criminals.
Laura Dunbar ext 2072.....you have messed up.

Submitted by on Thu, 02/17/2011 - 10:56

Their phone number is 1-800-348-7243, I too got a '602' area code call from then

Submitted by on Tue, 03/29/2011 - 15:19

I have recieved numorous phone calls 2 or 3 times a day every day of the week from this company demanding that I pay off the balance on a bill that they wont even tell me the original companies name. They are very rude and I even got told if I dont pay I will live to regret it! Seriously thinking about talking to a lawyer but dont know any information on the company except the number that they call from because they wont tell you anything more!!

Submitted by on Sun, 04/17/2011 - 13:33

First Financial Asset Mgmt is a collection agency know for breaking FDCPA, They hire collectors that have criminal backgrounds, If you set of postdate checks you better hope it will be run at the agreed amount and date. If you request a postdate deleted more then likely it will still be ran. If you live in the Atlanta area go down to there building and look at the people that are around there building on breaks discussing people credit issues out in the open, These are not the kind of people I would give my banking information to. I would deal with my creditors first hand.

Submitted by on Thu, 04/28/2011 - 05:31

Be careful working with this company. I had an account turned to them and they are horrible to work with. Give you false information just to get what money out of you they can. I have asked for documentation of balances and a statement of paid in full but they refuse to do so until up to 4 weeks after your payment. Not only that, my payments were set up to be taken monthly before the due date of the debt but were not given to the debtor in a timely manner so not only was I getting charged interest by them i was getting charged additional late fees and interest by the debtor which I dont think is legal. It is only 1 debt how they can charge double interest idk. They are extremely rude, especially considering I called them to set up the arrangements to avoid further charges. They are horrible. They are a sister company or subsidiary of Orchard Bank aka HSBC. Avoid these companies, commonly used by Best Buy and frequent advertisers. Big Scam. Today I had the pleasure of talking to "Able my last name is a secret this call is over." Basically they know you are at their mercy because they will continue to assess fees and service charges so they can treat you like a piece of sh** and you have to take it.

Submitted by on Fri, 07/01/2011 - 14:20

Please note that they are a fraud.

I have receive a letter stating that I owe capitol one monies..
1st. I never had capitol one card, infact, I never had a credit card, I simply do not believe in them.. if I want something I will pay in full or in payments to get it.. never with a credit card.
2nd. I notice that the account number for this so-called card ending with a card I did have.. a debit card of my previous bank..

If you are getting mail or phone calls because they say you owe monies to their client..
CALL THEIR CLIENT!!
I am certain that you do not owe monies. and if you do.... let them know about First Financial, I am confidient that the company has never heard of them.

Submitted by on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 07:10

how do you get rid of these ppl and do they follow through with their threats i just started recieving calls from them and then all of a sudden they stopped its been about 2 weeks now should i worry about them?:(

Submitted by on Wed, 07/11/2012 - 11:31