Skip to main content
index page

Genesee Valley Associates

Submitted by SubiGirl on Thu, 09/20/2007 - 17:23
Credits:
[Donate]

I got the green card back from my DV letter to Genesse Valley Associates, so the clock is now ticking. Let's see if they validate! I also got a letter from the Texas AG today, and they are going to start looking into the violation of the Texas Debt Collection Act so far. Will be watching very closely to see what Genesee's next step will be. I have a feeling they may just sell off the debt to someone else to avoid the heat they have brought down on themselves. I'm sure they know by now that they are not getting a dime from me, because I am on to their little game!

Still no word, and funny thing, these folks are still nowhere to be found on my credit report! When I talked to them on 9/4, their excuse was that they had just gotten the debt, and hadn't had time to report it (yet, they had time to supposedly send me a letter on 8/16, and harass me). I checked my credit report yesterday, and Genesee is still not there, though reporting for September has been updated (balances on other accounts reflect my September payments).

I have a question, though. If Genesee doesn't validate, does that mean that ALL references to the debt have to be removed from my credit report, including the listings for Associates and Citifinancial? I mean, if Associates/Citifinancial no longer own the debt....

Submitted by SubiGirl on Sat, 09/29/2007 - 09:37

SubiGirl

( Posts: 114 | Credits: )

Well, Genesee has 10 days left to respond. According to only one agency on my credit report (TransUnion), this debt supposedly is still owned by S&P Capital. The other two agencies only show the Associates, and then Citifinancial (which is what the Associates became after the company was bought by CitiGroup).

Should I DV S&P, as well, and force them to take their entry off of my credit report?

Submitted by SubiGirl on Tue, 10/02/2007 - 14:30

SubiGirl

Genesee never responded, and still are now where to be found on my credit report!

I have DV'ed S&P (who shows to still own the debt on one of my credit reports), and I have sent a letter to Citifinancial noting violations in their reporting. I got the green card back from S&P, and they received notice 10/19. I got the Cifinancial green card back today, with a received date of 10/22. Citifinancial is reporting the debt as both the Associates (which CitiGroup acquired and turned into Citifinancial) and as Citifinancial. The information in both records differ, re-aging the account! It will be interesting to see what becomes of all of this.

Submitted by SubiGirl on Wed, 10/24/2007 - 16:50

SubiGirl

I received a call from a guy named rick about a debt from 2000 it was a providian card that I thought had been paid down below what they claim I owe. They tell me that the amount is a little over $4K and will settle for $1k if I give them a post dated check over the phone. Obviously I owe a debt and should pay it. excuses only make me look bad but still I do not want to get rtaken in by a group who is going to access my bank account for more than I agree to.
I really do not know anything about this sort of thing but want to try and start getting things in order now that I am remarried. Also if this debt was accrued before I remarried can they pursue my current wife for this?

Submitted by on Mon, 11/12/2007 - 18:39

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Welcome gman! First of all if ur last payment was in 2000, depending on ur state this very well may be out of SOL. check this thread for ur SOL: http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/collection-agencies/kindsof-agreements.html
U were very wise as to not give them ur checking info.
Also if this debt was from before u were married then ur wife is not responsible for it!
If u have any questions plz feel free to ask,
Hope this helps some,
Ang
P.S. U will need to send them a debt validation letter, return receipt requested, in this letter if it is indeed out of SOL u may want to mention it.

Submitted by Ang on Mon, 11/12/2007 - 18:45

Ang

( Posts: 2306 | Credits: )

Im getting calls from this company too. I only found out the name from googling their number. They are calling themselves GV associates and saying they are not a debt collector but work for the client who is about to sue me and get 25% of my wages garnished.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/07/2008 - 21:20

My ex-father-in-law got a call from Genesee about a debt I owe from previous years. They say they are going to sue me if I do not give them my bank account information by 5 today. I will NOT give my bank infor over the phone to anyone. Whatis a DV letter? I noticed some folks were sending this. I don't feel I should pay this because of my divorce and he should have paid the cc debts.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/24/2008 - 07:50

They have been calling me and will not stop. They are calling and leaving 800-247-1993 by someone named Doug if I can believe what they say. the say that they are looking for someone named Roger and there is no Roger at my house. I'd liek to mess them up if I could.

Submitted by on Fri, 01/30/2009 - 16:15

My EX boyfriend is the person these ppl are seeking. His parents gave them my phone number and they are harassing me. They will not take my cell phone number out of their database. They Kim Andrews has threatened to call the Law on me for calling her asking her to remove my number! Could I sue their ****?

[color=Red]****Adult term removed - Jason[/color]

Submitted by on Thu, 02/05/2009 - 13:35

This all started about 4 months ago getting calls from GVA as stated above owed money offered me 50% settlement. I did not do settlement or payments my husband happened to lose his job around the same time. Skip ahead to early april they actually sued me for $4200. Now i get my check today and it is being garnished for 25% WHAT CAN I DO......I CANNOT AFFORD THIS I HAVE THE ONLY INCOME. PLEASE HELP ME CAN I DO ANYTHING?????

Submitted by on Thu, 06/25/2009 - 06:21

This all started about 4 months ago getting calls from GVA as stated above owed money offered me 50% settlement. I did not do settlement or payments my husband happened to lose his job around the same time. Skip ahead to early april they actually sued me for $4200. Now i get my check today and it is being garnished for 25% WHAT CAN I DO......I CANNOT AFFORD THIS I HAVE THE ONLY INCOME. PLEASE HELP ME CAN I DO ANYTHING?????

They called me today from 585 275 6412 and claimed my stepdaughter used me as a reference. They wanted her phone number. I asked if they were a debt collection agency. They said "no".

I urge everyone to report any misconduct from collection agencies to the FTC (federal trade commission). Their lawyers will look for trends in the agencies. If we all keep reporting, we can affect how the collection agencies work.

Submitted by on Wed, 07/28/2010 - 14:28