Skip to main content
index page

Transunion/Acxiom Class Action Lawsuit?

Submitted by smo65d11 on Mon, 07/07/2008 - 09:55
Credits:
[Donate]

Does anyone know anything about the Class Action Lawsuit regarding TransUnion and Acxiom Corporation? The notice was printed on my most recent TransUnion credit report .... anyone hear anything about this??

Important Class Action Notice

A settlement worth at least $75 million has been reached with TransUnion and Acxiom Corporation in a class action lawsuit. The US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois has preliminarily approved a Class that includes all consumers who had an open credit account or an open line of credit from a credit grantor (including, for instance, auto loans, credit cards, mortgages, and student loans) in the United States anytime from January 1, 1987 to May 28, 2008. If the settlement gets final approval, it will affect Class members' rights. You may be a member of the Class. If you are a Class member, you may sign up for credit monitoring and other benefits, and/or a possible cash payment. The Court will have a hearing on September 10, 2008, to decide whether to approve the settlement, so that benefits can be issued. Class members may object to the settlement or ask to speak at the hearing. Objections must be mailed by August 22, 2008. Go toListClassActiondotcom or call 1-866-416-3470 for more information.

from the website:

WHAT DOES THE SETTLEMENT PROVIDE?

The settlement will: (1) establish a $75 million Settlement Fund; (2)
give Class members the option of selecting six or nine months of credit
monitoring services; (3) donate $150,000 to non-profit organizations;
(4) pay for settlements or judgments for damage claims related to
lawsuits brought individually by Class members against the Defendants;
(5) pay class counsels???????? attorneys???????? fees and their expenses; (6) pay
the costs of notice and administering the settlement; and (7) distribute
any money remaining (after deducting the costs for everything listed
above) in the Settlement Fund to Class members who register for a
payment or to non-profit organizations.

Submitted by smo65d11 on Mon, 07/07/2008 - 10:39

smo65d11

( Posts: 1467 | Credits: )

This is just another cheap way for them to keep messing with consumers. Everyone should object to this settlement. Whey should they pay some people and not others? Everyone should be paid for any damage creditors or reporting agencies do for their own profit. I already contacted helpingtexas.com to get my objection in. Credit monitoring costs them NOTHING!!!!! Make them pay for abusing the American consumer!!!

Submitted by on Wed, 07/09/2008 - 17:26

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Since this affects pretty much everybody who has a credit file, what would the payout be to us? A dollar? 2 maybe?

I agree that they should pay for their greediness, but, let's be realistic. If, say, 100 million people asked for the $ settlement, at $2 a piece, that equals almost a quarter of a billion dollars...I find it difficult to believe that a judge will approve that kind of settlement.

Submitted by desperatelyseekingsanity on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 08:52

desperatelyseekingsanity

( Posts: 1129 | Credits: )