Skip to main content
index page

Phone Calls with Lots of Static

Submitted by on Wed, 08/20/2008 - 08:57
Credits:
[Donate]

For about the past week, I have been receiving calls where someone is obviously talking but there is so much static, I cannot understand them. At first they were coming in on the Caller ID as "unknown" but I finally got one with a number the other day. The number of the caller ID then was 866-451-5821. When I call back, they just answer "Card Services" but no one every comes on the line. Does anyone know who this is or anything about them?

I have been getting calls from them daily. "Card Services". They have also been using different numbers. I report them to the 'do not call registry' daily. I answered the call once, and a lady began discussing lowering my interest rate on any of my credit cards, I told her do NOT call me again, but they fail to listen. I am beginning to think I am going to need to have my cell phone number changed. :?

Submitted by Shazzers on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 04:33

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

I had a call like that a few month's ago. I answered and the way the guy was talking made me think at first that it was one of my creditors. I asked him if I had an account with them and he replied that "we deal with many different creditors". I told him that he did not answer my question. "Are you one of MY creditors?". He hemmed and hawed repeatedly and finally told me that no, they were not one of my creditors but could work with them to lower my interest rate. At that point I just kept asking him over and over again how he got my name and number? Why they thought I wanted to hear from them? What he was wearing? etc...until he was so pissed off he hung up on me.

Submitted by NASCAR_Devil on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 09:24

NASCAR_Devil

( Posts: 4671 | Credits: )