Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Collection agencies and creditors forums

What should I do to remove the account from my credit report if the CA doesn't reply within 30 days?

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

If the collection agency does not respond within 30 days, how do I go about getting it off my credit report? Also what proof would I need to show that they received my request and did not respond?

Send a Cease and Desist letter to the collection agency. Dispute the account and request the credit reporting agency to remove the listing from your credit report.

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 04/04/2017 - 03:22

ditchdebt ditchdebt

(Posts: 679 | Credits: )

As per the FCRA, if the credit reporting agency (credit bureau) doesn't respond to you and wraps up its investigation within 30 days of receiving your dispute letter, then they are required to remove the disputed negative listing from your credit report. If the negative tradeline still persists on your credit report, then you can file a complaint with the CFPB and attach a copy of the letter you sent to the credit reporting agency. However, you may send a follow-up letter to the CEO, Chairman of the Board, or another officer of the credit reporting agency before doing so.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 04/04/2017 - 07:20

paulcahill80 paulcahill80

(Posts: 2359 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 1.661 seconds.