Share post
member profile picture

Posts: 2934
Credits: 0

This was a rather strongly worded validation letter I used to have in my signature. I'm rewriting it for better structure/grammar. Be sure to send the letter certified mail, return receipt requested.

The green card you receive in the mail is your proof that the letter was received. During this time they are required to cease collection activity until they provide you with validation. Also be sure to send the enclosure with the validation letter.

Click here for the link to the enclosure to send with your letter

awesome. I was going to use the old ones, but there were some serious grammar issues involved, and i didnt was to sound uneducated. Also, the last sentence mentions an enclosure. where is it? Maybe someone could fix the others letters?

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 02/11/2008 - 12:37

cuda010 cuda010

(Posts: 3 | Credits: )

Oh yay, this came just in time for me to send yet another letter to a CA. THANKS!!

Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 02/11/2008 - 12:45

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

[quote=cuda010]Also, the last sentence mentions an enclosure. where is it?[/quote]

Look under the letter body for a link entitled 'Enclosure'. It's just above his sig.

Sub: #3 posted on Mon, 02/11/2008 - 15:31

unclewulf unclewulf
(Posts: 3172 | Credits: )

Where it says enclosure it's a hyperlink. Just print it off separately and send it in with the validation letter.

Sub: #4 posted on Mon, 02/11/2008 - 16:56

(Posts: 2934 | Credits: )

With item 7 in the letter:
7. Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state.

How does that apply if you have moved from the state where a debt occured? Say - happened in TX in 03.. but you now live in ID? Should you ask for "in MY state"? or in TX?

Sub: #5 posted on Mon, 02/11/2008 - 17:24


It is in the state which you currently reside. For a collection agency to collect a debt by contacting you they must hold a business license for that state. Some states also require bonding, as well as having a registered agent.

Sub: #6 posted on Tue, 02/12/2008 - 14:30

(Posts: 2934 | Credits: )

There is a box on the right hand side of the page so i can't print it out. Is there anyway that someone could email it to me please? I really need to send this letter out asap! My Email is email removed for your safety. -Debtcruncher

Sub: #7 posted on Mon, 04/07/2008 - 19:21


Simple steps for Windows users:

1 - open your word processor. [I know this works with MS Word. Should work with any of them...]

2 - In your browser window, click-drag your mouse over the text of the letter to select it. The window will scroll automatically if needed.

3 - Click-and-hold on the text you selected.

4 - Now drag it over into your word processor, and release the mouse button.

5 - Edit as needed.

6 - Send it out in the morning mail.

Sub: #8 posted on Mon, 04/07/2008 - 19:38

unclewulf unclewulf
(Posts: 3172 | Credits: )

in response to a alledged debt

Great letter! Just consider changing "alledged" to "alleged".

Sub: #9 posted on Tue, 04/08/2008 - 08:51

volleyballmom volleyballmom

(Posts: 4143 | Credits: )

I'm so using this letter to send to the CA jerks that have been harassing me. I'd like to see their faces when they get it.

I'm adding my own line in the letter "This includes using different phone numbers to attempt to call my house or my job in an attempt to collect the debt...." This has happened to me

Sub: #10 posted on Thu, 04/17/2008 - 10:15

boots288 boots288

(Posts: 4 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.800 seconds.