Share post
member profile picture

I have a garnishment judgment owed to me but my ex keeps changing jobs. How do I re-file so I can get what is owed to me?

Wouldn't you have to contact the agency/court who issued the intial garnishment judgment?

Sub: #1 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 12:25

Lorri Lorri
(Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

It is a wonder they aren't the ones keeping track of him instead of letting you do all the work. In any case if you want your money you will have to contact the court and give them update information. While you are at it ask them why they are not tracking his employment through his SS number.

Sub: #2 posted on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 15:56

fireyone_02 fireyone_02

(Posts: 73 | Credits: )

Yes--I thought that it was the responsiblity of the courts to keep on top of that. It does seem kind of odd that they aren't and the poster has to do the footwork.

Sub: #3 posted on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 21:49

Lorri Lorri
(Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

Is this for child support or a civil judgement? What state do you live in? What state does your ex live in?

Sub: #4 posted on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 04:34

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 4671 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.807 seconds.