Share post
member profile picture

hi i have a co signed credit card with gemb/care credit with my mom .the problem is my mother the co signe used my card with out my noedge and ran it up and missed payments i never even used the card mabye only one time, a year a go.but now its afecting my credit realy bad on my credit report it is past do and over the limmit would i go about getting my name of of the card who do i have to contact or send a letter to? my mmother is willing to comly with getting my name off the card becase it is now hurting me in getting a good job thankx alot.

Contact GEMB and ask them what you need to do to have your mom in essence "take over the account" and remove you. Usually what is required, is that you mom will have to apply and then the balance will be transferred over.

The fact that you are the primary and she is the co-owner is the driving force here. Stress that the ultimate goal here is to have your name remove from the account. Usually that will only happen if your mom takes full responsibility of the account.

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 11:54

desperatelyseekingsanity desperatelyseekingsanity

(Posts: 1129 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.742 seconds.