Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Collection agencies and creditors forums

Should I send money or wait for a reply?

member profile picture

I have received a collection notice for a credit card bill from a collection agency. I stay in Graysville, Alabama. However, the collection agency seems to be located somewhere in Texas. Anyway, I have sent a DV letter to them. The CA has updated the account status on my CR as "dispute". I have sent a PFD letter to the CA. They have not given a reply yet. What should I do in this situation? Should I wait for a few more days? Should I send the money directly?

I suggest you to wait for the response or for another notice from respective collection agency. As for getting money or payments everybody is ready always. For your case you have to give the payment at any cost either now or later. Then why in so much hurry. Its doesn't cost you to wait for a few days.

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 10/04/2013 - 06:27

FaaastCash FaaastCash

(Posts: 4 | Credits: )

so they updated your CR so what.did they validate the debt,or do you just want the entry off your CR?btw they did what they are supposed to do you are disputing the debt,but it is not a requirement for them to remove it unless they can't validate,and there is no deadline for them except in TX.they are not to contact unless they are discontinuing collections,or they just wait,and not a few days.last thing if you are disputing the debt why bring up PFD which is a myth.if you are disputing the debt then given an amount of time and no validation you can dispute it to the CRA' posted in circles here kid.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 10/04/2013 - 06:52

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

FYI...they wont even respond to a pay for delete. They just dont happen.

Sub: #3 posted on Fri, 10/04/2013 - 19:51

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17272 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 1.198 seconds.