Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

My niece just signed for a registered letter for me from King County Superior Court. The folks at Sutttell & Hammer are filing a Wage Garnishment against me for a bill that I have no knowledge of. I think they are attempting to collect an account I had like 10 years ago. I set up an automatic withdrawal from my checking account to satisfy the bill, the draws being $220.00 each month. After roughly 3-4 months the company quit taking the money out of my account. I tried calling them but the number I had was disconnected and I never received a response from their email about the account. I have not heard from anyone about that account ( I presume that’s what this is about ). What do I do now? I can’t afford an Attorney and am not sure that I even owe these people any money. The paperwork states that CACHE LLC is the Plaintiff but at the bottom of the paperwork it has all of Suttell & Hammer,P.S. contact info. It doesn’t seem right that court paperwork would have their info printed on the bottom like that. Now what??

You said the account is nearly 10 years old, right? What is the last payment date, can you recall the exact year? Statute of limitations for debt collection in Washington is 6 years. So, after that your debts can't be collected as per the law.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 08/09/2018 - 08:04

Barbara Delinsky Barbara Delinsky

(Posts: 432 | Credits: )

Did they call you for the debt? Did you acknowledge the debt over the phone? If the debt is 10 years old, then the SOL is over. They can't collect the debt unless you acknowledge it.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 08/10/2018 - 02:03

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1234 | Credits: )

They can still try collect the debt. But you have to inform the court that the debt is time barred. You should also give a reply to summons within 21 days. Don't ignore the court papers since your niece has already received it.

Sub: #3 posted on Sat, 08/11/2018 - 02:45

Nick Jonas Nick Jonas

(Posts: 425 | Credits: )

Wage garnishment means a judgment has already been rendered against you by the court. You need to contact the court to find out if there is, in fact, a judgment in your name. If there is, you should go to the courthouse and look in the file to determine if you were properly served.

If you were not properly served, depending upon the details, you might have an FDCPA claim against the plaintiff.

Sub: #4 posted on Sat, 08/25/2018 - 14:16


Page loaded in 0.212 seconds.