Skip to main content
index page

Midlund funding LLC

Submitted by on Mon, 03/25/2013 - 15:06
Credits:
[Donate]

Man I wish I would have found this site a few years ago.. Anyway to explain what is going on I have 2 accounts that are with Midlund funding LLC /attorneys office. With everything that has gone on I was served a judgement on 2 of the accounts and a sheriff actually came here with a writ of execution to hold a property sale of my stuff. I filed Bankruptcy to stay that, but dismissed my case after 3 months last Sept. I have not paid on these accounts and have not heard anything from them since. Last year ( prior to the bankruptcy filing and writ of execution) I was offered a settlement amount that was 75% which I did not have, I offered 60% which they refused. I am in a position now to pay something, however if I don't have to I would rather these guys get NOTHING just for the fact that they are ridiculous! I am settling another account currently and would actually like all of it to just be done, but with how ruthless they are I don't want to think they won't come after me again. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for the responses. Yes the BK was dismissed so everything that was included in BK can still collect as it was dismissed by me before it was complete for other reasons. Being ridiculous meaning they have not been willing to work with me at all, have been very aggressive in their approach to collect. I have talked with several attorneys and others who have never heard of a collection company actually serving a writ of execution. Especially after being offered a settlement option at 60% after 2 years. It's been 4 years since the debts were charged off by credit cards and 3 years since they were picked up by midlund funding, and they are still holding out for no less than 75%. MOST all of my other collection accounts have settled for 30% or less with one other at 50%. That is what I mean by being ridiculous. Just no wiggle room at all. I get that they are in the driver seat if I contact them, and wonder if my best move will be to wait for them to contact me to settle up on debt, however that could be years and interest is adding up continually. They put one lien on my property with one of the judgements, that I am not really concerned about at this point and they are just holding the other 2 accounts, 1 is a judgement the other isn't. I am just ready to have this all behind me, I am making progress and am glad for that, I have almost cleared out 70K in bad debt. So I am grateful for that. :)

Submitted by on Tue, 03/26/2013 - 09:56

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Were these 2 Midland accounts included in your BK file and discharged? If so, they cannot collect on it. If the accounts were not discharged, you will need to check if the SoL is up.

Submitted by Steve Barris on Mon, 03/25/2013 - 21:25

Steve Barris

( Posts: 1043 | Credits: )

They will come after you at some point, more than likely sticking to their guns. You already cost them time and money for the writ of execution so they probably wont play nice,. More than likely your accounts are just sitting in their bankrutpcy backlog area.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Tue, 03/26/2013 - 11:25

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

Unless you have grounds to fight a judgment, you cannot, not even when it is being renewed. Creditors renew judgments through the court that issued it originally by filing a renewal request. The Notice of Renewal of Judgment must be personally served on the debtor or served by first-class mail. Liens created at the time of the original judgment also must be renewed. Interest accrued prior to the renewal is added to the interest and further interest in calculated on the basis of the new principal amount thus formed.

Submitted by Steve Barris on Wed, 03/27/2013 - 23:50

Steve Barris

( Posts: 1043 | Credits: )

Steve, you say judgements are good for ten years and then renewable. How exactly do they go about renewing the judgement? Can you fight the judgement when they renew it? Must they serve you notice they will renew a judgement against you?

Submitted by on Tue, 03/26/2013 - 22:41

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

judgements have no sol,and since the BK was dismissed the judgements are valid.i do have issue about the OP'S verbage.midland was ridiculous?please explain that as if they got a judgement they can collect,or make attempts for 10yrs and renew the judgement after that.so again explain what you meant by them being ridiculous.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 03/26/2013 - 07:22

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )