Skip to main content
index page

No validation, but got a package back from original cc company..

Submitted by AnneOnymous on Mon, 04/01/2013 - 20:00
Credits:
[Donate]

I sent a DV letter to an agency and didn't hear back. After a few weeks, however, I got a huge package that was torn open on one end and had what appears to be all of my credit card statements in it. There was a generic letter stating I must have requested this info, but here's the thing: It wasn't signed or even marked as being by the creditor OR the debt collection agency. There was nothing in it stating it was in response to my validation letter, and not even a person's name on it as a signature. It appears to have come directly from the credit card company. So what do I make of that?

Sounds like the credit card company still owns the debt and it has just been assigned to a CA. They are sending you the statements...does it show your payments being made?? What did you ask for specifically in your DV??

Who is the credit card company? If cap one or citibank, you can probably expect a summons shortly...

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Mon, 04/01/2013 - 21:28

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

It was Chase; I asked for proof of alleged debt, etc etc, as well as a signed copy of agreement with the cc company -- most of the information copied from the sample letter here.

It is just odd to me because a) the package came from cc company, not collector b) the cover letter doesn't really say anything other than I must have requested the information

Submitted by AnneOnymous on Fri, 04/12/2013 - 16:24

AnneOnymous

( Posts: 14 | Credits: )