Skip to main content
index page

RAB inc

Submitted by on Tue, 04/05/2011 - 17:19
Credits:
[Donate]

So , I have encountered some difficulty with Regional Adjustment Bureau regarding one of my student loans. A couple of months ago I had one lady call and she got all my account information, set me up to have a monthly payment come out, and haven't heard from them since. Just recently I have been having a completly different lady contact me at work, all day and night long on my phone and she has been rude. I told her I already had that set up and I don't understand why we are doing this again. I tried to call the business and get a different rep and they repeatedly will hang up on me. And now when I call they have her answer or transfer me to her without listening to anything I have to say. I want to repay my loan, but as a person I shouldn't have to deal with that. What can I do about this?

Hi!
Welcome to the forums!

You should not have revealed your confidential information to the lady on the phone. Do you even have some documents regarding the monthly payment plan? Are you even sure that you owe money to them? By federal law, the collection agencies can't harass consumers on phone. So you can register a complaint against the company in FTC. Stop making further payments until you are sure that you really owe money to them.

Submitted by Good Nelly on Tue, 04/05/2011 - 21:32

Good Nelly

( Posts: 2846 | Credits: )

the same thing happend to me. harrassing and rude. all i wanted to do was get on a payment plan. she even lied and told me that if i didnt make a payment right then and there and give her my card number ( that i didnt have at the time ) that she would no longer offer that particualar plan to me

Submitted by on Sun, 04/10/2011 - 22:44

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Lot of collection agencies use this scare tactic to make the consumers pay money to them. Nest time they call you, inform them that you'll forced to register compliant against them if they continue to harass you. Never ever give your personal details to them over phone. If they are calling you regarding some debt, then ask them to validate it in writing.

Submitted by Good Nelly on Sun, 04/10/2011 - 22:52

Good Nelly

( Posts: 2846 | Credits: )

There is nothing illegal about withdrawing an offer if you dont pay right then and there....a collector has that authority in a lot of cases. With a student loan case, they do not correspond in writing and there is a lot of information that is required. If you stop paying, and if this is a federal loan, they can and will garnish wages without going to court.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Mon, 04/11/2011 - 20:24

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )