Skip to main content
index page

Civil Suit in TEXAS

Submitted by spud321 on Mon, 07/26/2010 - 19:48
Credits:
[Donate]

In the regular mail in July, I recieved a "Notice of Filing Civil Lawsuit" . . On the first page the letter states, "This letter does not constitute 'service'. However, the Citation is being turned over to a process server and they will begin attempting to serve you." I flip through this "filing" and the thing was filed in April!!!
NOW WHAT? Do I wait for a process server? Ignore it? How can I be legally served and how long does this CO. have to serve me once it is filed? In my opinion, I feel like I haven't been served...not legally. I haven't seen anything in the paper.
Please HELP! Sorry if this message sounds jumbled!

I also am going to court aganist the same lawyer Michael j Scott for Civil matter also i found out when my mail box was flooded my lawyers wanting to rep me and sure enough I called JP court and there I am listed how do i file an answer what needs to be said in it???

Submitted by on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 12:17

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4702
In the regular mail in July, I recieved a "Notice of Filing Civil Lawsuit" from Michael J Scott, PC. I don't know if it is him or him representing PYOD LLC. On the first page the letter states, "This letter does not constitute 'service'. However, the Citation is being turned over to a process server and they will begin attempting to serve you." I flip through this "filing" and the thing was filed in April!!!
NOW WHAT? Do I wait for a process server? Ignore it? How can I be legally served and how long does this CO. have to serve me once it is filed? In my opinion, I feel like I haven't been served...not legally. I haven't seen anything in the paper.
Please HELP! Sorry if this message sounds jumbled!

you must file an answer to it ! that is what I was told by the County of Courk JP

Submitted by on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 12:33

The same thing happened to me in April and I am still waiting to be served and it is July. I checked the courthouse records and they are literally filing hundreds of lawsuits since April. As soon as you are served you need to file an answer. Otherwise they will go for a default judgement.

Submitted by on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 17:29