Skip to main content
index page

capital one and daniels law assoc.

Submitted by RWILLIAMS on Wed, 09/29/2010 - 06:39
Credits:
[Donate]

hello,
i had a cc that was eventually turned over for collections (daniels law firm) anyway. we reached an agreement, i had legal representation, was paying every week @ 35.00 sometimes more when i had it. so August of this year i got a letter from the court stating my bal. was as $95.00 (AND I HAVE MY RECEIPTS AS PROOF) which i was planning on paying the end of the month. last night when i got home i noticed that there was a judgement against me from capitol one statign i had to pay $948.56. i thought i was gonna faint. So my question is IF I WAS SENDING PAYMENTS TO DANIELS LAW FIRM WHY NOW IS THERE A JUDGEMENT AGAINST ME AND IS HIGHER THAN THE ORIG. BAL I WAS BEING SUED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE???

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND ASAS

Hello
i asked a question yesturday regarding a judgement against me
by capital one. I have made my last and final payment today and asked them to send me a paid in full letter as i would like to have this for my records when i go back to court the 28th of october. Is there anything else i need to do????

Really would like to know this b4 hand.

Submitted by RWILLIAMS on Thu, 09/30/2010 - 06:25

RWILLIAMS

( Posts: 129 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by soaplady
judgements are subject to interest set by the state. Plus you would be responsible for all the court and legal fees.

Have you verified that your final balance was in fact $95???

yes. My attornery spoke to counsel at daniels law office.
Prior to that i did in fact get a statement showing my balance was 95.00 my error in this mess was that i did not show up for court on the day schedule but i did not think i had to go since the last letter i received from them actually stated that i was making payments. Only now i am finding out that daniels never even reported any of my payments to the court and probably to cap. One. That's only my opinion. The bottom line is i can not afford to pay all over again.

Submitted by RWILLIAMS on Thu, 09/30/2010 - 06:37

RWILLIAMS

( Posts: 129 | Credits: )