Skip to main content
index page

Help needed Wells Fargo

Submitted by just kate on Thu, 01/10/2013 - 03:50
Credits:
[Donate]

I had signed up with a debt settlement company for around 5 months. They never paid anyone and I canceled their service.  I contacted all of my creditors and made arrangements to catch up with the payments with all  of them ( They are all up to date except one Capital One and they are working with me.  I tried to talk to Wells Fargo explained what happened but they said there was nothing they could due unless I paid the full overdue balance which I could not.

So about 4 months ago I was served papers from a attorney representing Wells Fargo I called the lawfirm and we came to an agreement that I would pay $100.00 for six months ( I have made 4 payments of $100.00 last one on Jan 2,2013 ) and then $200.00 monthly until I am paid in full. I have papaerwork stating the agreement from the lawfirm.  Everything was going OK until last night when I was served again by the same lawfirm. I am suppose to appear in court in February. The summons is saying that I have defaulted and have not made any payments.

I do not know what to do. Should I call the lawfirm and ask them what is going on?  I really dont want to have to go to court but I do not have the full amount to pay the bill in full.  Please give me some advice.  Thank you.

Answer the summons and show up in court. You are in default. Unfortunately they will get a judgment against you...however you can ask for a conditional judgment, allowing you to make payments without them garnishing your wages or levying your bank account.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Thu, 01/10/2013 - 04:20

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

I called the law offices and the person I talked to told me that I am not required to be in court since I have already signed the paperwork accepting the payment plan that we settled on. She said that I wasnt suppose to receive the summons but they could not get in touch with the server.  She looked over the signed paperwork and I will have to pay $35.oo court fees but no fees will be added to what I owe.

Does this sound right? I have never had to deal with this kind of stuff before. Thanks for you help.

Submitted by just kate on Thu, 01/10/2013 - 11:25

just kate

( Posts: 35 | Credits: )