Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

I've paid off the debit collection agency. They failed to report it to the Federal credit agency. They settled with a verbal agreement over the phone. I gave them my credit card over the phone.
What or how shall I dispute this?
If you can give me some advice.
Thank you

Verbal agreements are not legally binding. There is no way to dispute it. Have you called the CA?

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 01/22/2018 - 02:19

(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

Check your bank records to be sure your payment was processed. Keep a copy of your cleared payment, your bank statement will show the payment cleared. Now you need to call the CA and get a a signed agreement and keep a copy of it on file. Unless, you won't be able to dispute the error.

Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 01/22/2018 - 05:21

Barbara Delinsky Barbara Delinsky

(Posts: 432 | Credits: )

The first mistake was settling the debt and giving the credit card records over the phone. Do you receive any debt validation letter or notice from the CA?

If no, chances are high that they were fake. Contact them and be sure about it.

Sub: #3 posted on Wed, 01/24/2018 - 00:14

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1234 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.245 seconds.