Skip to main content
index page

Something to think about

Submitted by Count_Vlad on Wed, 04/01/2009 - 07:34
Credits:
[Donate]

If any of you have read my signatures you will notice the one
"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny;" ~Thomas Jefferson

I found this list today. now read it with an open mind and then think about how many of these things have happened or are getting ready to happen.
1. Control of public information and opinion: It begins with withholding information, and leads to putting out false or misleading information. A government can develop ministries of propaganda under many guises. They typically call it “public information” or “marketing”.

2. Vote fraud used to prevent the election of reformers: It doesn’t matter which of the two major party candidates are elected if no real reformer can get nominated, and when news services start knowing the outcomes of elections before it is possible for them to know, then the votes are not being honestly counted.

3. Undue official influence on trials and juries: Nonrandom selection of jury panels, exclusion of those opposed to the law, exclusion of the jury from hearing argument on the law, exclusion of private prosecutors from access to the grand jury, and prevention of parties and their counsels from making effective arguments or challenging the government.
4. Usurpation of undelegated powers: This is usually done with popular support for solving some problem, or to redistribute wealth to the advantage of the supporters of the dominant faction, but it soon leads to the deprivation of rights of minorities and individuals.
5. Seeking a government monopoly on the capability and use of armed force: The first signs are efforts to register or restrict the possession and use of firearms, initially under the guise of “protecting” the public, which, when it actually results in increased crime, provides a basis for further disarmament efforts affecting more people and more weapons.
6. Militarization of law enforcement: Declaring a “war on crime” that becomes a war on civil liberties. Preparation of military forces for internal policing duties.
7. Infiltration and subversion of citizen groups that could be forces for reform: Internal spying and surveillance is the beginning. A sign is false prosecutions of their leaders.
8. Suppression of investigators and whistleblowers: When people who try to uncover high level wrongdoing are threatened, that is a sign the system is not only riddled with corruption, but that the corruption has passed the threshold into active tyranny.
9. Use of the law for competition suppression: It begins with the dominant faction winning support by paying off their supporters and suppressing their supporters’ competitors, but leads to public officials themselves engaging in illegal activities and using the law to suppress independent competitors. A good example of this is narcotics trafficking.
10. Subversion of internal checks and balances: This involves the appointment to key positions of persons who can be controlled by their sponsors, and who are then induced to do illegal things. The worst way in which this occurs is in the appointment of judges that will go along with unconstitutional acts by the other branches.
11. Creation of a class of officials who are above the law: This is indicated by dismissal of charges for wrongdoing against persons who are “following orders”.
12. Increasing dependency of the people on government: The classic approach to domination of the people is to first take everything they have away from them, then make them compliant with the demands of the rulers to get anything back again.
13. Increasing public ignorance of their civic duties and reluctance to perform them: When the people avoid doing things like voting and serving in militias and juries, tyranny is not far behind.
14. Use of staged events to produce popular support: Acts of terrorism, blamed on political opponents, followed immediately with well-prepared proposals for increased powers and budgets for suppressive agencies. Sometimes called a Reichstag plot.
15. Conversion of rights into privileges: Requiring licenses and permits for doing things that the government does not have the delegated power to restrict, except by due process in which the burden of proof is on the petitioner.
16. Political correctness: Many if not most people are susceptible to being recruited to engage in repressive actions against disfavored views or behaviors, and led to pave the way for the dominance of tyrannical government.

I have been kinda ranting about this for weeks and for the most part it probably just seems like venting.?? But honestly im pretty young, and dont really know much about politics but i see it happening and im angry and fustrated that no one else does.??
The gov is starting to control every aspect in our lives and everyone just seems to be ok with it because its for the greater good.?? What they dont understand is they may use it for good over here, but they will use it later to infringe on your own personal liberties and rights.
say for example.?? I heard on the news the other day that in a certain state they are loosing money because people are doing the right thing by car pooling.?? well they are not getting thier tax dollars that way so they need to make it up somewere else.?? So what do they do??? They put a gps tracker in everyones car so that they can so called tax accordingly.?? Like you would be taxed more for high traffic areas or busy highways during peak times etc.
But what they dont tell you is now they are tracking you.?? they know were you are all day everyday, were you go, what you do.?? I dont understand how people are ok with that.?? And to make it worse, what if you had a stalker that you were escaping from??? there is no escaping.
Everyone is just going with the flow while the gov takes over.?? This is just one example the next thing will be cameras in our homes to see how we are treating our children, or that we are providing a low calorie dinner with a veggie, protien, and dairy product with every meal.?? Because "we are to dumb to take care of our selves". It will be in our so called best interest.?? But they have??other motives they just cover up the truth.??
Soon it will be you wont get a paycheck.?? They will keep it and give you a allowance as to what you can have or cant have.?? They will own us. what for food you can eat or drink, what for home and were you can live.?? This is long way away, but could happen with the path we are on.?? I hope people soon wake up to thier lies.

Submitted by love_my_things on Wed, 04/01/2009 - 10:47

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

Absolutely. Thanks for posting this, Count Vlad.
And I will add, from the Declaration Of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ??? That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, ??? That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. ??? Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present [stranglehold of the stagnant morass that is called a 2-party system] is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States."
Love_my_things,
Exactly. Hitler was voted in to office and given sweeping powers which made it much easier for him to usurp authority. Bush's consistent actions have made me fear for the future of this great and proud nation.
???People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.??? - Otto von Bismarck

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Wed, 04/01/2009 - 23:07

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )

like i said, i may not be political, and im not very old, but i do believe history repeats itself and i feel alot of times that im along for the ride.?? I wonder how long the people will allow this to keep going on.?? What will be the final straw? how much is going to happen before the people take action? will it be too late???
I personally have signed petitions, made phone calls and wrote letters.?? Any other advice or things i could do?

Submitted by love_my_things on Thu, 04/02/2009 - 03:43

love_my_things

The sad thing is that so few people do this. Protests are usually very small. We really need a Million Debtor March.
But,
in some small way, I hope to light a fire anyway I can, especially in the arena of debt and financial services, because of how incredibly awesome the FTC is. Pick something to get exited about and rally the troops! The bugle is blaring!
Even little things like that help. Little sparks become large fires and, just like in Frances Scott Key's day, our Flag is being tattered to shreds by petty tyrants who need to be shown the door NOW.
But it is easy to become dejected. The education system has, frankly, gone down the toilet. But these economic times are very touchy, and it is only people's faith in economic recovery (and Obama) that things really haven't hit yet. I fear for the future if some asses don't light up RIGHT NOW because
this faith won't happen for long, and sooner or later, people will be lining up to file bankruptcy, and the system may collapse. If we can get just a *little* empowerment as individuals then we can, little by little, one at a time, re-take the government that is supposed to be OF US, BY US, and FOR US.
When backed into a corner, one is not rational when it becomes a matter of either starving or looting, facing oppression and accepting slavery or fighting back. It's like the difference between the Million Man March and mindless rioting.
I have despised politics my entire life. I was raised in a conservative Reagan worshipping traditional Catholic home, and I have been very good friends with some very passionate liberals, and I find BOTH CAMPS to be stunted. Like Chris Rock (a man I greatly admire) says: how can you make a decision based on an ideology? NO ONE is one thing or another. Some things I'm conservative, some things I'm liberal. You have to make an informed decision. The problem is that the voter racks are filled with these knee-jerk people that refuse to take the time to weigh things out, read, and research, and just vote based on what someone paid lobbiest group says!
How can a Republic ever be sustained under such a travesty?
???The citizen who sees his society???s democratic clothes being worn out and does not cry it out, is not a patriot, but a traitor.??? -Mark Twain
???It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people???s minds.??? -Samuel Adams

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Thu, 04/02/2009 - 05:37

Chrys Henderson

I really think it's a generational thing. The more I hear yonger people (people in their 20's) it's what can the goverment do??for me.They??have friends all over the world where they have goverment health care and goverement run this that or the other thing. They think "Great I don't have to pay for this that or the other thing" Goverment will take care of me. Or I want someone else to take care of me mentalty. ??Our parents and our parents parents had to fight for liberties, and were very independent. They see how much their parents faught for whatever it is they got, and think "I don't want to have to do that". Now i'm not saying all people in their 20's think this way.
I think it will be a few generations yet before what this generation does reverses itself

Submitted by beli2005 on Thu, 04/02/2009 - 05:44

beli2005

( Posts: 882 | Credits: )

I absolutely agree. But that goes back to the eduational system, IMO. If they were PROPERLY educated instead of a bunch of heads vomitting a googleplex of facts generational issues can be slightly overcome. It's not just them, either. Their parents are equally to blame! Its the PARENTS who are the enablers. Kids don't want to learn because their parents never taught them the value of knowledge, or any values or responsibility at all, it seems. They were raised on television and only know what the sitcoms and "news"/fluff reports tell them!
???Such as it is, the press has become the greatest power within the
Western World, more powerful than the legislature, the executive and
judiciary. One would like to ask: by whom has it been elected, and to
whom is it responsible???? - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Thu, 04/02/2009 - 05:56

Chrys Henderson

Chrys and Beli, I agree with you both to an extent. Yes it is a generational thing and yes our school systems have some blame in it also. But, I firmly believe that the generational thing is due to the "Time out/Dr. spock" era of parenting. The kids that are going up now have NO respect??for authority (parents, teachers, police, and on) Their parents think that if they are friends with their kids then they are cool and are doing a good job parenting. Which I believe is a bunch of crap. The schools are failing our children because the parents think they are a glorified daycare center. If their kids are singled out for any reason (failing, creating problem in the class, and on) then the parents are quick to sue the schools. So the schools have their hands tied and can't do much anymore. They can't teach with the disruptions in class, so everyone loses out. If parents would be parents and not "friends" then I think that we as a nation would not be so bad off

??

Submitted by Count_Vlad on Thu, 04/02/2009 - 06:12

Count_Vlad

( Posts: 356 | Credits: )

A comment on schools, i remember when i was in elementry school if you disrupted class you got spanked in the hall with a paddle. It didnt hurt as bad as it was embarressing because all your friends new what was happening to you. it wasnt that long ago, but long enough now that its "unacceptable"
They are no longer allowed to do that now, and are powerless, and so what i have seen scince i entered my child in school is the "mary poppins" attitude were we just talk calmly and directly and tell them its not ok to do this, blah blah it changes nothing.
Frankly i feared my father, and im ok with that i dont hate him, or think i was abused, Hes the reason why i turned out to be a well rounded individual.?? When i turned 16 i was on my own.?? I lived there, but i was forced to work to buy my necessities, food, car, car insurance maintence, and so forth. But i never complained.?? These young ones now adays are just standing with thier hand out waiting for the next hand out, ok you gave me this, Now what do i get?
What happened to personal responsibilities, taking pride in work, and making your own path? Alot of you know that i used to manage resturants and this is one of the reasons i quit.?? Frankly when i started out we feared management and never wanted to displease them, but towards the end of my resturant career, you were just happy they showed up that day. It didnt matter if they were late, or mouthy, or were stoned.?? They showed up.

Submitted by love_my_things on Thu, 04/02/2009 - 06:32

love_my_things

i just thought of this its like octo mom.?? I have 1 son and dreamed of a large family.?? I wont have any more children because of a small fear that i cannot provide for that child financially.?? What happens if i cant afford diapers, or formula or clothes? Its a fear of not being able to take care of your child and that they may suffer.?? People dont fear this anymore because the gov will just come in and take care of them, so have all the kids you want. is what they should say. personal responsibility there is none.

Submitted by love_my_things on Thu, 04/02/2009 - 06:36

love_my_things

@Vlad: Absolutely. I was thinking, but did not type, that the schools are barely only babysitters.
@love_my_things:
agreed. Especially for natural bullies, often they just need a sound thrashing when they're young so they'll learn to have a little respect for other people's boundaries.
But yeah, any systematic way of dealing with things is doomed to failure. You cannot apply a single solution to all. Just because a certain system carries with a high potential of abuse, its correction often does the same thing. For instance, with the corporal punishment, you had some masochistic teachers who would hurt the children any way they could by pouring their derision upon everything we did, exposing every weekness however carefully hidden by the kid.... (o, I think I'll go watch The Wall again!)
But now, you have complacent zombies who rally by the thousands around TV shows, some of those shows, millions. (More voted for American Idol than the President apparently, in 2006 that number was 66 million. This is also partly an indicment of our very corrupt system and the failure of anyone to be able to do much about it, so it's not just complacency...)
We are each unique, but CARING PARENTS would be in a position to known their child's strengths and weaknesses, but now they can't be bothered with the little monsters and just basically ignore them. The only way for a child to stand out these days is to be extremely good at something - whether it is obsequiousness, some sport, comedy, perfect GPA, or even being a bully. Colin Wilson has an interesting theory about "the dominant 10%" which basically says that around 10% of people have naturally dominant personalities. Thus doesn't necessarily mean that there is that many alphas, but there just aren't a lot of opportunities for the strongly independent. Many of these people will turn to crime in order to excercise their dominance. There is only so much room at the top, and - especially in schools - the tops are ranked with people who have nothing but wealthy and powerful parents... Oh I could go on and on....
It's all about home schooling these days...

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Thu, 04/02/2009 - 20:52

Chrys Henderson

they have now put a label on it ADD were they can just medicate them into zombies so that they will behave. I know my mother medicated my brother when frankly all he needed was a swift kick in the @ss. It turned him into a zombie and frankly he grew up lazy and unresponsible instead of dealing with the fact that he was hyper and had a low attention span. Soon as a child disrupts in school now, they want to medicate instead of dealing with it. I know my child is extremely hyper active im just waiting for the phone call. Frankly hes 5 and they are suppost to be busy at this age. But I know alot of my friends are getting harrassed by the school to medicate thier children. I do feel for the teachers, they got a lap full and have no way of dealing with it so now your pressured into medicating your kid while they are at school.

My child is one of the VERY strong willed children. No amounts of time outs, or even spanking breaks this. Its a part of his personallity, but its my job to steer him to use this strong will in other outlets. Right now we are trying many different sports to see what interests him. And I honestly dont think that most parents have the time or take the time to steer these children into new avenues. The way times have become most parents are both working 2 full time jobs and some part time jobs. My husband works 2 jobs so that i can stay home with our son, and honestly i dont know how i would have done it to still be working. being involved in extra activities, volunteering, fundraisers, sports, It keeps me stepping. Some times i wake up to a house that looked like a cyclone hit it. I cant imagine adding a full time job to it. Maybe this is the issue facing kids today is that moms are out of the home more now than ever. It used to be standard practice that mom was home with the kids. Now it seems to be considered a luxury.

Submitted by love_my_things on Sat, 04/04/2009 - 11:36

love_my_things

Boy, that is another subject entirely, lol! I strongly believe that a child needs his mother's nearly undivided attention for at least the first 4 years of life, the "modern woman" notwithstanding. That's when all the bonding necessary for proper compassion and a connection to the human race happens, it is in the nature of mammals. The economic situation that requires many jobs in order to provide a decent living for your family is the biggest enemy against the nuclear Family, not rock music, etc...

The education system exists to shove everyone into a pre-conceived mold called "the consumer". The consumer is led, bovine-like, into the great rip-off mall where they are led to pay way too much for garbage whist being told they are receiving a bargain! People that do not fit that mold are selected out and marginalized. So-called ADD just means that the kid doesn't process data well when there is some talking head (like the Peanuts cartoons -waaah waaah waaah waah) spewing forth monologues to the enslaved minions. I would just shut down and fall asleep... Then I just started to read to stay awake, I read all the textbooks cover to cover by Christmas vacation... I have ADHD, and I cannot sit still for 3 seconds! (On top of that, I had varicose veins by the time I was 19, which increased the squirminess.) I, too, am very strong willed and extremely independent. I'm not sure if I wouldn't have benefited from some medication, but I used to eat sugar straight out of the package. Even as late as last year, I was still going through 2 pounds of sugar a week in my coffee alone!

But anyway, while you can generally categorize and group most individuals, you cannot expect a "one-size-fits-all" method to work, bottom line. And yet they try. Oh, how they try....

Trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole may work much of the time, but once in awhile the peg snaps and refuses to be hammered any longer. Some of those refusals can be quite desperate and unpredictable.

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Sun, 04/05/2009 - 21:40

Chrys Henderson