Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Problems forums

Can I request the court to dismiss the case?

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

I am being sued by the hospital for unpaid bills. Can I write to the court explaining that I'm not able to pay to see if it can be dismissed.

You have to respond to the summons and complaint by the date on the summons. Usually, a lawsuit is dismissed in the following cases: lack of jurisdiction, failure to state a claim and insufficiency of service of process. I would suggest to consult an attorney in your case. He can help you to defend yourself tactfully.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 05/25/2017 - 00:48

ditchdebt ditchdebt

(Posts: 679 | Credits: )

I agree with ditchdebt. It is better if you consult an attorney. But make sure you choose an attorney who is knowledgeable and have experience in dealing with this matter.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 05/25/2017 - 06:41

Good Nelly Good Nelly
Industry Expert
(Posts: 2825 | Credits: )

Is there any way you can claim that you were not properly served? If yes, contact the court and see what the file says about the medical service they've given to you. If you found that you were misguided and improperly served, then you can apply to the court with proper documentation. The courthouse may charge you a small fee for the copies of the records.

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 05/25/2017 - 06:56

tiarajoseph11 tiarajoseph11

(Posts: 470 | Credits: )

Hire an efficient attorney to get the best help.

Sub: #4 posted on Fri, 05/26/2017 - 05:09

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1239 | Credits: )

Has the statute of limitation of your medical debt expired? Which state are you from? Collect these information and work with your attorney as already said by so many people before.

Make sure your attorney is a licensed one and has an office in your county or region.

Sub: #5 posted on Sun, 05/28/2017 - 18:59

paulcahill80 paulcahill80

(Posts: 2359 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 1.406 seconds.