Skip to main content
index page

Can I request to close a card so that there are no more changes?

Submitted by Stanleycraigh on Tue, 03/12/2019 - 20:52

I had a Chase credit card when I was staying in USA. Now I have moved to UK. Want to close my credit card. I am trying to repay the balance in full so that I can close the card. Can I close the card before and then pay off the balance so that there are no extra charges on the card. Can I do it from here?

No. That isn't possible. Otherwise, everyone would have opted for that option. You have to either repay the balance in full or settle it before closing the credit card. You can contact a good debt settlement form to do the negotiations and settle your credit card. Otherwise, you can ask Chase if there is any hardship program. You can use it to pay off the credit card.

Submitted by David Martin on Tue, 03/12/2019 - 22:42

David Martin

( Posts: 394 | Credits: 3933 )

You can close the credit card from a remote location. But you have to repay the debt. Otherwise, it will stay reported and you might face problem the next time you do any financial transaction in the US.

Submitted by Craigh.terry on Fri, 03/15/2019 - 07:29


( Posts: 273 | Credits: )

It is better to settle the debts. If you ignore the debts or close the credit cards without repaying the bills, then it will be reported on your report. You may get collection calls. So, you can enroll in a settlement program to get rid of them

Submitted by Sanders Patricia on Sat, 03/16/2019 - 04:03

Sanders Patricia

( Posts: 1241 | Credits: )