Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Problems forums

What are my options apart from bankruptcy to get rid of an old judgment?

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

My account wast recently frozen due to a judgment old debt from 2008, I'm only working part time at $11/hour 18 hours per week. I need to know what my options are aside from bankruptcy.

There are 2 options you have to get rid of a judgment rather than choosing bankruptcy. They are:

1) Vacate the judgment - Vacating a judgment means declaring the judgment as "VOID". You can get this done by filing a motion or an appeal to the court to vacate the judgment.

2) satisfy the judgment - It means doing a settlement and has the judgment creditor file a “Satisfaction of Judgment” with the court. You may need to consult a professional attorney and get the help needed. Make sure you are not making any payment without having a clear WRITTEN agreement.

Hope that helps!

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 02/28/2017 - 05:52

Barbara Delinsky Barbara Delinsky

(Posts: 434 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.939 seconds.