Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Problems forums

How can I get an undue hardship exemption?

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

How can I get an undue hardship exemption?

You need to have a family or dependents that depend on your income to survive.

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 08/28/2017 - 06:02

sanderspatricia29 sanderspatricia29

(Posts: 878 | Credits: )

Your Social Security income is exempted. Plus, you need to prove in the court that all of your income is used to support your family. You don't have extra money to pay off your debts.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 08/29/2017 - 21:23

(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

The judge will considers many factors to determine whether the garnishment will cause you undue hardship. The factors may include the income and expenses of your family members and dependents, the standard of living, and the minimum income required to maintain your family’s basic needs (food, shelter, clothing and transportation).

To stop a wage garnishment, you must ask for the exemption within 5 (FIVE) days from the date that you receive your notice!! So, file the claim for exemption and request for hearing form with the Court.

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 09/07/2017 - 04:19

tiarajoseph11 tiarajoseph11

(Posts: 403 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 1.055 seconds.