Skip to main content
index page

Need Help Got a Call from Evergreen Collections

Submitted by cholder on Wed, 08/02/2006 - 10:31
[Donate]

I received a phone call from Evergreen Professional Recovery stating that I owe $350 for some kind of "start your own business" service that I was to have signed up for from a TV Commercial. I was told I paid $35 membership fee and then I was to pay $350 for a "starter" kit but that the kit was never sent to me because I didn't pay the $350 but I still have to pay the $350 even though I didn't get the kit. This was suppose to have happened in 2004. She also told me that they have already turn a neg report into the credit bureaus. I just pulled up all three of the reports and there is nothing new on them. I have no idea what this person was talking about. I have never done anything like that. I looked up Evergreen Professional Recovery online and there is a collection agency with that name and the same phone number that she gave me. She wanted to work it out with me and have me make 4 payments with my checking account, she would post date the checks, which I didn't do because I have no knowledge of what this woman was talking about. Anyone have any advise on what I should do??

Hi cholder

You can talk with Evergreen Professional Recovery and settle the matter. But before that, you have to decide if you want to take this offer.

If you have paid a membership fee and signed to pay $350 for the starter kit, the original company can hit your credit file sometime later. Since the money has not been recovered yet, the original company has hired this CA.

If you are not interested in accepting the offer, see if you are able to cancel it. Make sure that you do everything in writing. I will surely call them in order to resolve the matter.

Submitted by IncredibleHelp on Wed, 08/02/2006 - 11:22

IncredibleHelp

( Posts: 492 | Credits: )

Adding further to the above post done by Incrediblehelp, I understand that you are being contacted by the CA hired by the original company, they are bound by federal laws to give you the details of this contract signed with the original company. Ask them to validate the debt before you send them any money. Read the debt validation mentioned in the fdcpa. The collection agency is bound to follow this stated law.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm#809

Submitted by PassionHunting on Wed, 08/02/2006 - 11:25

PassionHunting

( Posts: 512 | Credits: )

But what if I have no knowledge of ever doing this in the first place. I have never wanted to start a home business. I do believe I would remember paying for a membership and still owed $350 to someone. I just do not do things like that unless maybe I missunderstood what I was getting into. Doesn't the orginial creditor suppose to let you know that you owe them money before taking steps to collect? I have never heard of the orginal creditor or the collection agency until today when I got that phone call.

Submitted by cholder on Wed, 08/02/2006 - 11:41

cholder

( Posts: | Credits: )

The law office is required to put the details of the creditors in writing. If you can find out the original company, call them and know what this account is all about. Ask them to show you in writing when you approved them about this offer. It may have happened that the company is collecting on disputed records (only if you are sure you never paid the membership fee and approved this offer). It's no harm asking for the actual records, though. The company must have the information in their system if it's a valid one.

Submitted by ArDeN on Wed, 08/02/2006 - 16:02

ArDeN

( Posts: 496 | Credits: )

This os a common practice for collection agencies to fabricate bills and try to force you to pay them. I would call the credit bureaus and put a fraud alert on your file and explain your situation so they dont try to destroy your credit. They do this as extra incentive to force you to pay so you can repair your credit.
I would also file complaints.
Do NOT give them any information about yourself when they ask, they are only phishing for information.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/03/2006 - 05:52

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I keep getting calls from these people every month or so. They ask for me by my first name and never use my last name. When I ask what my last name is, they cant tell me. I pay ALL bills on time and so know for sure they are just fishing for people with my first name to try to find the person they really are after. I suggest calling the company at (425) 402-6646. Ask for the president, Ken Ross, and then give him a piece of your mind. I just did. Tell them they need to know who they are calling rather than just fishing for the right person. If you cant get through to Ken, call Monica Wyler, VP of Sales. They need to fix their processes so they are sure of who they are calling before they call. Dont give them your number or you may get even more calls than before. Only when the cost to them in time for their executives is high enough will they fix their process to stop wasting our time.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/24/2008 - 11:24

additionally you can file compliant with the washington state department of licensing at the following: Contact us: collection agencies
Contact information

Phone: (360) 664-1389
Fax: (360) 570-7875
Email: [email]Collect@dol.wa.gov[/email]
Office hours

Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mailing address

Collection Agencies Licensing Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034

Here is Evergreens license info

License Information:
Entity Name: EVERGREEN PROFESSIONAL RECOVERIES, INC.
Firm Name: EVERGREEN PROFESSIONAL RECOVERIES, INC.
License Type: Washington State Business
Entity Type: Profit Corporation
UBI: 601068931 Business ID:001 Location ID:0001

Location Address:
12100 NE 195TH ST STE 325
BOTHELL, WA, 98011-3111

Mailing Address:
PO BOX 666
BOTHELL, WA, 98011-0666

Licenses Held at this location: License Status Expires First Issued
Collection Agency Active 02/28/2009 01/10/1995

Governing People:
KENNETH A ROSS
MONICA WYLER
PATTY GEPPERT

Good luck

Submitted by jj on Wed, 09/24/2008 - 15:08

jj

( Posts: 1057 | Credits: )

had similar issues with this agency. it was in fact a legit debt that i owed to my former bank, but they were calling for far more than the amount that i owed. not only that, but the guy who kept calling was calling at 5am and well after 10pm on my company phone. after telling him this info, he actually flat out called me a liar, and then started threatening to put bad reports on my credit as well as, and i quote, "we are going to find out who your employer is and garnish your wages. and if that doesn't work, we are going to sue you for a lot more than you owe."
when i informed him that he had broken several collection laws (such as calling outside business hours, calling my place of employment, harassment, threatening false reports, etc.) he hung up on me. after that, i never heard from them again

Submitted by on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrys Henderson
Get the phone logs that prove this and sue them for the FDCPA violation and collect your $1,000.

This is bogus. The company is not even open at that time. They are open from 8am-6pm pacific time. So there is absolutely no way someone could call at that time....

Submitted by on Sat, 11/21/2009 - 19:03

Nice try, shill. We don't much care what times the main office is open. This concerns the hours that the call center operates. Feelin' tough today, shilling on two-month-old threads?

there is only one office! those are the hours 8am-6pm m-f one saturday a month

Submitted by on Tue, 12/29/2009 - 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice try, shill. We don't much care what times the main office is open. This concerns the hours that the call center operates. Feelin' tough today, shilling on two-month-old threads?

there is only one office! those are the hours 8am-6pm m-f one saturday a month

wrong shill.there is a seperate call center.again nice try,and real tough when you think you can hide your lies.if you are going to lie do it on the phone.not here.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 12/30/2009 - 04:48

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I work for a seperate collection agency not related to Evergreen Professional. I was offered a job there a few years ago and I agree they only have 1 office, in 1 building = 1 location. The hours are as described above. If they were calling you at 5 am .. were you in the water an hour west of Hawaii since they are only 2 hours behind Pacific. Then magically jumped to an Charlottestown which is almost 4-5 hours ahead?

Moderator you need to figure out your facts before you start getting huffy puffy.....

Submitted by on Thu, 02/18/2010 - 13:52

Quote:

I work for a seperate collection agency not related to Evergreen Professional. I was offered a job there a few years ago and I agree they only have 1 office, in 1 building = 1 location. The hours are as described above. If they were calling you at 5 am .. were you in the water an hour west of Hawaii since they are only 2 hours behind Pacific. Then magically jumped to an Charlottestown which is almost 4-5 hours ahead?

Moderator you need to figure out your facts before you start getting huffy puffy.....

how can charlottestown be 4-5 hours ahead when the biggest time difference between zones is three hours.post actual info if you want to get huffy puffy.whatever that means.btw you more than likely work for A CA that is comparable to evergreen.in other words...bottomfeeder.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 02/18/2010 - 14:03

paulmergel

"wrong shill.there is a seperate call center.again nice try,and real tough when you think you can hide your lies.if you are going to lie do it on the phone.not here."

I used to work at EPR and I know that there is 0NE office. They work M-F 8-6 so go pretend you KNOW things somewhere else.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/23/2010 - 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclewulf

Actually that business only has one office there is 1 call center and they are only there rom 8am to 8pm

Submitted by on Thu, 06/03/2010 - 22:01

This evergreen company contacted me by mail and phone about a debt that I do owe but when I paid it they charged my credit card TWICE doubling the amount of the original debt amount. I contacted them back and had to leave messages and also sent emails about this double charge and they won't return my calls or emails and I still don't have a refund of the second charge they did. Wut should I do now? I'm in california and am not sure about what the laws are regarding this kind of situation. Please help if u can. Thanks.

Submitted by on Wed, 08/04/2010 - 11:33

If owe a bill i want to no the person or co, saying i owe to I need to no the amount i owe I cant do anyting until next month i go back to work partime call my cell 775 219 5779 ill se what i can do please do not call my home number i live with my mom please email me the information I asked for ill see what i can do in sept this only thing I can do vicki klippel

Submitted by on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 16:02

If you pd you bills you would ot have to worry about it! really the question is have many bills did you not pay in your life and why are you continuing to make excuses PAY your bills everyone has such a bad outlook on collectors all they are is people doing there job and if you would have been doing yours you would not have to talk to them.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/20/2010 - 23:17

Quote:

If you pd you bills you would ot have to worry about it! really the question is have many bills did you not pay in your life and why are you continuing to make excuses PAY your bills everyone has such a bad outlook on collectors all they are is people doing there job and if you would have been doing yours you would not have to talk to them.

another humamoid rant.be still my heart.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: now back to the phones with you.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 10/21/2010 - 05:05

paulmergel

I called Evergreen Prof today and spoke to a few rep and told them my dilema and they said i needed to talk to another person, then it was like talking to a Human then spoke to a really insensitive person with very cold and rude tone. I asked to what I am being garnished starting my next pay day. She couldnt tell me exactly what from. She said they sent judgment back in Oct, told her that was for the 2nd mortgage that we are doing a short sale and being settled between my bank and them. And she said, dont matter this is money i owe and i need to pay. DIdnt want to hear my circumstances and rationale to this financial burden. She besically said pay or die !

Submitted by on Mon, 12/20/2010 - 20:01

If you are double billed by this agency, you can contact the collections manager directly at 425-939-1273 her name is Melissa Gleason,

Submitted by on Mon, 02/28/2011 - 13:42

Actually I would say contact her directly if you have any complaints...Most of the employee's there only work there because they are drug abusers or felons and can't work anywhere else. It's a pretty common practice in the collection industry to only hire that type of person especially in the Seattle area.

Submitted by on Mon, 02/28/2011 - 13:46

WRONG! If a CA is calling to collect you can request proof but cant put block on cbrs if this debt is indeed true and accurate. First request proof then try to resolve with the agency. They will have options and if your being contacted by a CA then its usually 90+% accurate unless they have same name/different person. Dont allow your credit to be ruined by ignoring CAs that would be your 2nd mistake, 1st being that you didnt pay your debt in timely fashion per contract. Stop giving people bad advice when you are 100% incorrect. The FDCPA is a federal law to protect consumers. It is not meant to be used in the wrong way and any lawyer or judge will laugh at you if you have no substantial grounds in court. If you signed a contract you will be advised be lawyer of financial advisor to pay or try to may plan to pay in timely fashion. This is America and this country is ran off your credit. in order to reach goals that we all should have then we must protect our credit not destroy it. Go figure.

Submitted by on Wed, 05/30/2012 - 11:34

Actually Debt Collectors have the chance to make plenty of money and most agencies do background and drug screening. Get your facts straight before you give bad advice. By the way in this economy any job is better then sitting on your arse and collecting UE.

Submitted by on Wed, 05/30/2012 - 11:37

you know end of the month brings out the dumbest creatures.wow!two idiots in a row.outstanding!

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 05/30/2012 - 11:48

paulmergel