Skip to main content
index page

2 Entries on CR from same creditor...

Submitted by natdust20 on Tue, 01/16/2007 - 06:18
Credits:
[Donate]

I just checked my CR and noticed that there is 2 entries on it from the same creditor?? What should I do?? Is it ok to leave both of them or should I dispute one??

They aren't negative, they are were my fiance got a credit card with a high limit and then authorized me to get a card linked to it also. We closed the account before using it after we read some of the bad things about the company and didn't want it. The cards were never used and we cancelled before we got it in the mail. Now, they are reporting 2 different times on my CR and I didn't know if it was hurting my score to have both or not??

Submitted by natdust20 on Tue, 01/16/2007 - 06:41

natdust20

( Posts: 1345 | Credits: )

Oh ok gotcha.I wouldnt think it would hurt you to have them both on it if it says they are closed.If you have alot opened and with no balances then thats what could start hurting people from getting credit because then the creditors see all the open line of credit you could get and charge up.I have a few old store accounts i closed after paying them off on mine.

Submitted by taksmom476 on Tue, 01/16/2007 - 06:50

taksmom476

( Posts: 80 | Credits: )

The credit summary section in your credit report will list all those accounts and loans you have had in the last seven years. It includes the ones that are active, inactive or even if they are closed. I guess it will have no effect in your credit history because it was closed before you used this open line of credit.

Submitted by mcranberra on Tue, 01/16/2007 - 11:40

mcranberra

( Posts: 524 | Credits: )

also it could be the difference in being an authorized user vs being a joint account... depending on how you were added to the account, one may show you as primarily responsible, the other may show the other on the account.
My husband and I have several of those. WIthout negatives, they have actually improved our scores because of the debt to credit ratio. You said yours are closed, I guess theyjust take up space

Submitted by Hiscopilot on Sat, 02/10/2007 - 21:57

Hiscopilot

( Posts: 4 | Credits: )