Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Credit Repair, Credit Score and Credit Report forums

What to do if there's an error in credit card statement and it's already more than 60 days

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

I received a credit card statement but didn't go through the whole document. However, a few days back, I thought of looking at it. I found that there's an error. However, it's already more than 60 days. What should I do now?

Check once again since the 60 days time period is from the date of first credit card statement listing. It is not 60 days from the purchase itself.
After this period, you can still file the dispute and the bank will honor it. But, you won't get the benefit of legally protected dispute.
However, if you find any error, dispute it.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 06/20/2019 - 00:00

Good Nelly Good Nelly
Industry Expert
(Posts: 2825 | Credits: )

Completely depends on the bank. You have lost your right for a legally protected dispute. Anyway, do you know if the credit card issuer offers zero liability protection? If so, then no matter when the transaction took place, the credit card issuer will give you a refund for the unauthorized charges.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 06/20/2019 - 02:56

Nick Jonas Nick Jonas

(Posts: 425 | Credits: )

Dispute it. You can call your credit card issuer regarding it to avoid penalties.

Sub: #3 posted on Fri, 06/21/2019 - 06:14

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1234 | Credits: )

Contact the credit card company at once and dispute the error. After 60 days you can still file the dispute. Let's see what the company has to say about this...

Sub: #4 posted on Mon, 06/24/2019 - 07:17

Barbara Delinsky Barbara Delinsky

(Posts: 432 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.967 seconds.