Skip to main content
index page

I would like to get rid of the negative things on

Submitted by jag2895 on Thu, 05/19/2011 - 05:06
[Donate]

I would like to get rid of the negative things on my credit report, I cannot pay them all off at once. What is the best way to get rid of them in the quickest way possible?

There are several ways to pursue CR removal of derogatory information.
First, review your CR and identify any information that you feel is inaccurately reported. Deal with those items by way of direct dispute of its accuracy.
Second, identify any accounts reporting delinquencies where the debt remains unpaid. You can offer a pay-for-deletion of derogatory items. However, be cautious in this approach if the debt is still within your state statute of limitations for legal action, as a PFD offer might awaken legal action on their part.
Third, for debt that is paid, send letters to the creditor or debt collector asking them for good-will deletion.
Fourth, make sure the dates of all reported delinquencies are correct. If steps 1-3 fail, the item will have a statutory CR deletion date due to old age. The periods for mandatory CR deletion run from certain dates, such as 7 years from the date of monthly delinquencies, and 7 years plus 180-days from date of first delinquency (DOFD) for any charge-off or collection reported. Make sure those dates are accurate.

Submitted by Lian on Thu, 05/26/2011 - 18:44

Lian

( Posts: 234 | Credits: )