Skip to main content
index page

HELP! Still can't get a credit card!

Submitted by StoneBroke on Sun, 09/18/2011 - 14:03
Credits:
[Donate]

After many yeard my credit is is finally improving! My Experian score is 706 (all time low was 425!).

Negatives on my account:
-HSN Credit Card which was charged off in 2006 however I did set up regular payments with the CA and paid it off completely in 2009
-Macy's store card- $189 was written off in 2006. Macy's state they no longer own it and reffered me to a CA. That CA stated they did not own and. No other CA has ever contacted me in regards to it.
-Wells Fargo CC- I closed it in 2006 because I was having a hard time paying it but I did pay it all off in 2006 even though I have several late payments.
-US Dept of Ed Loan- Opened 2005, did have several late payments but it was paid in ful in 2010.

Positives on my account:
First Premier CC. Owned it from 2007 to 2009 but I closed it because they refused to raise my credit limit from the original $250 even though I never made one late payment and utillization was always below 25% yet they were charge me a high yearly fee.
Orchard CC- opened in 2008 and still open. Never made one late payment. Balance due = $0. Still have the original $300 limit, they won't raise me
American General- took out $3,000 loan in 2009 and never made one late payment. Paid it off llast month.

My last late payment on any account was over three years ago.

I just applied for a TD Bank Credit Card. Being that TD Bank was where my checking and savings account is (and I never bounced a check in my life) I thought I would have better luck however they just denied me.

So with a score of 706 and no late payments in over 3 years, why am I still being denied????? The 706 score was given to be by TD Bank on the denial letter and it states it is from Experian. Today I pulled my Equifax score on MyFico and it states that the score is 659.

Who might approve me for a card?????

**Update**

So I wrote to TD Bank asking them to reconsider. I figured what would the harm be in that, correct? I listed all the positive reasons as to why they should reconsider me. I posted that I am already a good customer with them. I'll post if they respond.

My next plan of action is to try for that other card you mentioned, Capital One, once I resolve TD Bank.

Submitted by StoneBroke on Thu, 09/29/2011 - 11:44

StoneBroke

( Posts: 64 | Credits: )