Skip to main content
index page

Emblem Mastercard

Submitted by on Tue, 04/13/2010 - 11:38
Credits:
[Donate]

Do you have an Emblem Mastercard that you obtain through paying off a debt through Jefferson Capital Systems? Is so, how is it working for you? What was your starting credit line, and what is your credit limit now. I just want to know how many people is the Emblem card working for, the ones that have it...
My starting credit was $262 and the card was issued in May 2009. I received my first credit limit increase in October 2009 of $100. Then in January 2010 I received an increase of $200.00 Since I heard they give increase every three months, I should recieve another increase this month. Not sure how much it will be.
I have been before time. I just recenlty, the last two months, use my credit card to pay bills. All the bills I was paying with my debit card, I start paying with my credit card. The money that I use to pay bills, I apply it to the card. So, when statement times roll around, its nearly a 0 balance. This has really built up my credit score. I expect a larger increase of a credit limit since i have been applying $300-$400 bi weekly on my credit card. That's $600-$800. This will show them that I am able to handle more.
So when I receive that next credit limit increase I will be sure to share it! Should be tomorrow since this makes the 3rd month.
Please share you Emblem experiences!

One more thing. I checked tonight and they increased my credit line by $300 more dollars. So, they do increase your credit limit every 3rd month. I love my Emblem Mastercard because with out, no one I mean no one would offer me credit. Now my credit score has improved and it has been a great experience!

Submitted by on Tue, 04/13/2010 - 19:57

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I just recieved my card in April. I am very happy with it. My credit score did go down by a couple of points, but that is because my debt ratio went up. Because my credit limit is low, my balance is near the limit, but after a couple of payments, my limit should go up and my debt ratio will go down. This will increase my credit score. I can't wait! I think this was a wonderful oportunity! I wish more creditors made this an option!

Submitted by on Mon, 05/10/2010 - 10:14

There's no such thing as an Emblem Mastercard, it's just a come on to screw you out of your money. If you pay them, there is no improvement in your credit, they lie about giving you a card you never get. They don't mail you a bill, then say you're late you better pay it or they'll report you for bad credit, despite the fact they don't ever issue you a card. It's a scam all the way, including any positive comments.

Submitted by on Sat, 07/03/2010 - 16:56

TO JES... This is no scam. I have had my Emblem credit card for well over a year now. I receive a bill EVERY month. I am able to log on to the website to pay my bill online to check my balance or what ever. But, this is certainly not a scam. I received my card as promised. Every three months I receive a credit increase first it was $100, then $200 and then $300 and the latest $400. So, my balance starting out being $241 and now it is well over $1200. No scam here!!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 07/06/2010 - 13:51

I guess everybody has their own experiences with the Emblem Master Card. I can say that the card is not a scam, I do have one. I get a bill every month and I am able to log onto the webiste. However, I have not received the promised credit line increases. I have called them several times about an increase. Just as recently as today they told me that all credit limit increases are on hold. I was told that managment has put a hold on all credit limit increases at this time. Has anybody else been told that within the last month or two ?

Submitted by on Thu, 07/22/2010 - 11:16

I have an Emblem Mastercard, that I received in April. I haven't had any issues with their service at all. I get a bill every month & I can also log onto their website & make my payments (for free I may add). The payments post the very next day. I haven't received an increase & was actually surfing the internet to see how the increases work, but I found out now through this thread...thanks everyone! JES, I don't know what happened with you & your Emblem card because you seem to be the only with a problem. I hope you're able to get it all straightened out...it will definitely help your credit. GOD BLESS!

Submitted by on Thu, 08/12/2010 - 11:38

I have received more than one offer to receive a credit card in order to settle an old debt. I am unsure if this is a scam or is it legitimate? i know companies do what they can to earn and keep business, but this is one of those offers that seem to good to be true. With the information being so vague and not complete, are they trying to take advantage of you to get the debt paid that they bought or is it true that they give you a card with a insanely high interest rate to get out of you as much money as they can? I have read all of your responses to it, but honestly, who knows if the responses are real and not portrayed to get people to think that others are happy with the card that may or may not exist. Companies are smart to know that individuals are going to do there research before they commit to something like this debt owed or not. Debt makes the world go round.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/19/2010 - 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
There's no such thing as an Emblem Mastercard, it's just a come on to screw you out of your money. If you pay them, there is no improvement in your credit, they lie about giving you a card you never get. They don't mail you a bill, then say you're late you better pay it or they'll report you for bad credit, despite the fact they don't ever issue you a card. It's a scam all the way, including any positive comments.

I myself have an emblem card, and it is wonderful to have unfortunately people like you decide to bash the company, when there are so many fantastic reports, I receive a bill each month and received my card about 2 weeks after paying off my debt so the card is real, and works.

Submitted by on Tue, 08/31/2010 - 06:37

Quote:

Can you tell me where to go to apply for an Emblem credit card?

you can't apply for it.first JEFFERSON CAPITAL buys a debt of yours past SOL.then they make a "fantastic offer" that if you pay it.they give you the card.making you their indentured servant.meaning they can pull the rug out from under you at anytime.do a search for this card in the bar top right.there are other threads about this,and there are some nice horror stories about this.btw once they decide to screw you on this deal.they have you because they can take legal action at the drop of a hat.do a little research on JEFFERSON CAPITAL,and you will see i'm right on this.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 09/01/2010 - 19:42

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Quote:

So far I've had this card for 11 months, paid on time & never over credit line. So far no credit line increase.

I sent a message via myemblemcard.com asking them about credit increases. This was their response:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. This email is in response to your recent inquiry.
We understand your concern. However, we are sorry to inform you that Emblem MasterCard does not grant periodic Credit Line Increases.
We appreciate and value your business. Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding your account.
Thank you for contacting Customer Service.
Visit www.FinancialEmpowermentGuide.com for helpful information on setting and reaching your financial goals.
P.O. Box 105555 | Atlanta, GA 30348-5555 | 1-877-345-0151 | www.myemblemcard.com

Submitted by on Wed, 09/08/2010 - 05:24

Quote:

There is... I got mine just as promissed, After paying down my balance from another credi card. They sent me a Emblem Mastercard as promissed, I used it to buy gas and meals wih no problem. fI you never got one maybe someone stole yours and has been using it and your stuck with the bill. Better check with them if they mailed you your card andif someone been using it.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/22/2010 - 15:42

Quote:

One more thing. I checked tonight and they increased my credit line by $300 more dollars. So, they do increase your credit limit every 3rd month. I love my Emblem Mastercard because with out, no one I mean no one would offer me credit. Now my credit score has improved and it has been a great experience!

I have been making on time payments since 4/10 and haven't received any increase and when I called the woman said they do not give increases! I am highly upset because I have a good job and can pay and want to rebuild my credit but it wont happen with them and only owe them $33. Time to look for a new card my limit is $289 ridiculous need it only for travel for car and hotel. Not a good company

Submitted by on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 20:40

Quote:

I was told by customer service that there will be no credit limit increases.

No increase that other person is not telling the truth

Submitted by on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 20:43

I have this card and the program worked great for paying off an old debt. My line is only 181.00 and I was hoping that they would increase it to around 500 so I could actually use it for traveling and hotels from time to time but from the sounds of things I shouldn't expect to see an increase. I guess maybe I'll pay it off (only owe them $40.00 at this time) and not use it any more if they won't increase the limit what good is it really other than paying off the old debt?

Submitted by on Thu, 10/14/2010 - 07:21

I think it is just a good way for rebuilding credit without giving consumers the availability to go overboard. Once you make payments every month, your credit score will increase and you will be able to hopefully qualify for a better credit card.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/17/2010 - 09:24

I have had my card since January 2010 & I have yet to see an increase. I am extremely disappointed in the sub-par customer service. I have to make at least 5 telephone calls to get an issue resolved and have one that has yet to be resolved. I am getting tired of hearing apologies and need action.

Submitted by on Fri, 01/28/2011 - 09:06

I have had an Emblem card for years now with no problems. Today I tried calling customer service and the automated system didn't recognize my social or my account number. I then tried logging on to their website, but their website doesn't pull up. Anyone else having issues??

Submitted by on Tue, 02/22/2011 - 23:59

I have had several credit line increases since I got my original debt paid off. Maybe it depends on where your card is issued from or how you use your card. I keep mine fairly close to my limit and they still increase it quarterly. I pay more than the minimum payment each month so maybe that is why they increase the credit line.

Submitted by on Wed, 02/23/2011 - 14:28

I've had my card for about a year or maybe a little longer, but havent been able to get a credit limit increase. I'm also having the sae problems with my other card from Orchard Bank. I think it's because the economy is sucking so bad that they don't wanna take any chances of losing anymore money than they might be already.

Submitted by on Sun, 02/27/2011 - 20:50

Whomever the other person is that keeps saying they received increases is lying. They are probably trying to sucker people into accepting the card. If you're happy with a low card limit that never increases, this is the one for you.

Submitted by on Sat, 03/05/2011 - 12:08

I've had no problems with my card either. I pay online every month without a hitch. I did call about a credit line increase and was told they don't do credit line increases. My understanding when I signed up was that after a good payment history, I would receive an increase. I'll probably call them again at a later date and see what happens. I kind of like the limit being small, though, because it's an amount I can easily pay off each month. I haven't paid a penny in fees or interest to them.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/27/2011 - 08:15

I've had my Emblem card for at least 5 years now. I'm happy with it, except when someone else took it over and though I paid on time, they were not as quick to credit it on the other end. I just make sure I pay it a few days earlier now. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy. No scam at all and my credit rating has significantly improved and I was just approved for a low-interest miles-earning credit card with a big balance. By the way, I first got this card to pay off an old debt at a reduced rate and to improve my credit rating. :sun:

Submitted by on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 11:50

hey on something in OK.never in your idiotic ramble did you make even one tangible point.except for other shills,and idiots(with a iq of three)everyone is dumber for having seen that.thanks and now back to your indentured servitude that is the jefferson capital/emblem mastercard.

Submitted by paulmergel on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 15:41

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I've have my card since 2007 with an almost 1,000 credit limit. They sure helped my build my credit and Put me back on the map after destroying my credit as a young adult....

Submitted by on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 18:38

I was just given the option to make payments on an outstanding bill and enroll in the fresh start program and receive an emblem mastercard I payed over the minimum balance and is looking forward to receiving my first credit card to help repair my credit. I hope this card is real and I hope it will be a positive experience for me.:)

Submitted by on Fri, 06/01/2012 - 12:03

I entered the agreement with Jefferson Capital, paid off an old debt that WAS mine but got behind due to job loss. The amount I had to pay was significantly less than the balance owed on the account, and because they offered the credit card with a low balance once the initial payment was made, I agreed to do it.

However, just last month, the company changed who was handling the cards and now I have a problem. I cannot find where to see my statement online, and have not received my statement in the mail, yet my payment is due June 27. My problem is that my balance is significantly higher on their payment site than my records show (about $80 higher). I can make a payment, but cannot see my statement, and that concerns me.

I am hoping the statement appears in the mail in the next day or so.

I am also disappointed that they no longer issue credit increases. This was going to be my only credit card, and I, too, was led to believe that regular, on-time payments would result in increases to my credit line. Like others, I rarely use the card (learned that lesson the hard way), but there are occasions when I may want to carry a small balance over a few months - like booking a trip when I know a payment for my freelance work will be there soon, but I can get a great rate now...things like that.

I do not think this card is a scam, but am not happy with the new way payments are taken online....I like to see the charges on there before I pay. I did pay today because the payment was due June 27, but only paid a little over the limit until I can see my statement. I need to know why the balance is $80 higher than it should be.

Submitted by on Mon, 06/11/2012 - 06:15