Skip to main content
index page

Credit score

Submitted by Kenneth Seely on Wed, 08/25/2010 - 06:25
[Donate]

Hello everyone,
I would like to get my credit score without signing up for a monitoring service or using a credit card . Is the such a service out there?

Also if a debt is a charge off how can you fix it?

Not sure how accurate they are but I have used creditkarma.com which gives you your TU score and creditseasame.com which gives you your Experian score. Credit Karma lets you update every few days and Credit Sesame lets you update once a month. There is no charge and you don't need to sign up with a credit card, etc.

Submitted by on Tue, 04/02/2013 - 19:59

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

You can obtain 1 free credit report annually from the 3 credit bureaus. You can do so by going here. https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

If you have a charge off on your report, it will likely be purchased by a collection agency. When the CA contacts you, you will need to have them validate the debt and, if it's legit, make payment arrangements with them. The charge off will remain on your credit report as reported by the original creditor for 7ish years.

Submitted by OhioGal1 on Wed, 08/25/2010 - 07:21

OhioGal1

( Posts: 5253 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioGal1
It's better to get it straight from the link I provided. You will get all 3 reports for free, per government regulations.

Excuse me, OhioGal: I believe somewhere in his post he asked about his credit SCORE too. I was able to get mine from Quizzle without paying anything. When you get your annual free credit report, it doesn't include the credit score.

Submitted by aubrey on Wed, 08/25/2010 - 10:18

aubrey

( Posts: 1203 | Credits: )

I'm wondering how accurate the online monitoring services are? I am in the process of applying for a mortgage so I got the free trial on the Equifax website which gave me my 3 scores. My Equifax score was 634, My Transuion score was 613 and my Experian score was 603. I didn't think that the Tu and Experian were correct so I went to their sites and on the Tu site my score is 693, Experian's site shows me at 570. I then found that Experian doesn't actually sell their FICO score to consumers. So, does anyone know if Experian not selling their scores is true? Also, which online agency gives the most accurate score? I've heard My Fico but I don't know. I'm just a little frustrated and confused...

Submitted by Rocky Racoon on Tue, 03/12/2013 - 09:21

Rocky Racoon

( Posts: 57 | Credits: )

I went trough trans union and they actually mailed me a free copy. If you have requested credit and have been denied you can obtain a free copy of your report. New federal laws are in negotiations regarding the release of your credit score. I know what the bank sees as your score is not what we see as our FICO score call 8883666602 they gave me alot of advise on my credit and what i can do they are called 123 settlement .com

Submitted by on Mon, 03/18/2013 - 05:38

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )