Skip to main content
index page

Paid collections account shows "open" on my credit report, but paid off.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/23/2010 - 14:21
Credits:
[Donate]

I'll try to explain as best I can.

I had a Time Warner debt go to a collections agency in 2007. It was for about $600. I paid it, not thinking (i should have had them promise to remove it - oh well).

The collections agency is CMI (CREDIT MANAGEMENT LP).

Long story short, speaking with B of A the other day about an increase on my credit line, the guy asked me what was up with the "open" collections account from CMI.

My USAA credit monitor (via experian, but pulls all 3 bureaus), shows this account as CLOSED. The guy at B of A said he was reading the TransUnion Bureau, so I ran my TU bureau to see whats up.

Sure enough, when pulling from TU, it shows the CMI account as "open", with a high balance of $600, and a current balance of $0.

My questions are:

1) why is my USAA credit report monitor showing different info than direct from TU?

2) "IF" my real TU bureau has this CMI account as "open", does this hurt my credit MORE than having it "closed"?

If he helps, my scores are 648/657/657 (exp/equifax/TU).

I have several accts. just like what you described. I have a credit repair company in Florida working to get those accts. off my credit report but it's not easy. It's all a scam between the credit bureaus and some of the debt collection agencies.

Submitted by madison310 on Sun, 11/28/2010 - 10:11

madison310

( Posts: | Credits: )