Skip to main content
index page

Law Offices of Rory W. Clark, Westlake Village, Ca

Submitted by on Sun, 08/20/2006 - 18:26
Credits:
[Donate]

Anybody had any interaction with this law firm?!?

Law Office of Rory W. Clark, Esq.
5743 Corsa Ave., Ste. 215
Westlake Village, Ca

If you have heard of them, have you conducted any business with them? How was the experience (good, bad, otherwise?)?

I am currently dealing with them regarding the settlement of a debt and getting nowhere. Every contact with them is a new experience in frustration. My desk has dents in it from where I've banged my head on it. It's that bad!!!

Any information you might be able to provice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mark Patterson
[color=red]Email removed as per forum rules-Mike[/color]

Settlement programs take time to deliver positive results. But your consultant should always present with the latest updates on your debt accounts. They should clearly explain the dealings with your credit companies so that you know the status. Check the local bureaus as well as the local AG's office if there are any major complaints against them. If you are not satisfied working with the company till this date, can you cancel the contract and shop for another company?

Submitted by aciotsf on Mon, 08/21/2006 - 16:29

aciotsf

( Posts: 511 | Credits: )

I've been paying them for about 3 1/2 years now and they don't do what they say they will, i.e. sending statements, etc. when they are supposed to. They have one really horrible office manager (I think that's what she is) but if you talk to Rory specifically, he is a nice enough man. They do not return phone calls well at all though. They will sue you in a heartbeat if you don't pay on time. And the only thing I can say about that, is if they sue you, file an answer. They'll probably drop the suit if you file the answer. :)

Submitted by on Tue, 12/11/2007 - 11:29

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

To Mrkszoo, This guy along with worldwide assets purchasing llc. are a menace. he levied my account without serving me, this is his method of opperation. They will give me no information on the source of the debt.Now since he recieved a judgment he has free rein to try and attatch my wifes paychecks as well. I'm in the process of fighting this criminal, and anyone with information will be greatly appriciated.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/25/2008 - 23:06

I've been dealing w/ them for almost 3 years now. I've been sending my payment every month which they honor and credit my account but this lady, Dolores Shannon keep calling me to send my payment and have charge my bank account without my authorization. I called my bank and disputed and thank GOD my bank credit me my money.

Do not deal with this office in any way at all. They will call your office and threaten to sue you that they will have the court garnish your paycheck EVEN THOUGH they are accepting my payment and honoring my checks. If they sue me, fine! I could show the judge I'm making my payments and I have the intention of settling my debt. And they don't mail you your account statement or even update you with your account status.

Submitted by on Mon, 03/31/2008 - 09:41

You better make sure the debt is really yours

Submitted by on Mon, 03/31/2008 - 15:55

Ok. I posted on here before under Concern Citizen. I received another call from Dolores Shannon or Shannen who I just found out that she's not even a paralegal. She's basically a bill collector. LIke I've said before, I've been making my payments continuesly for almost 4 years now for $200 a month. Sometimes it's late but I see to it that they receive it every month because it shows on your bank statement. She called again and tells me that she will try to order to garnish my paycheck 25% because it was late everytime. But the thing is, they keep honoring my check every-freaking-time. From what I've read before about not sending a statement or status of your balance - people were right! They never send you anything AT ALL! They never even inform you if you're balance is decreasing. I hope someone sue this law firm and have lose their license if they have any at all. I really wished when Osama Bin Laden attacked us on 9/11 they should have came to Westlake Village, CA and blow their building. And if Osama Bin Laden comes back, I'll tell him to blow up Rory W. Clark's office in Westlake Village, CA and that this Dolores Shannon or Shannen was present that day! Seriously!

Submitted by on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 15:23

This attorney is trying to collect on a credit card I had paid back in 2005. I just got served papers from them dated 5/9/08 and it says I have 30days to respond..Duh it's already past 30 days.I am getting my bank to pull all my checks showing I paid of Direct Merchants Bank in full and then turn around a try and sue them for harrassment. Anyone else having a problem like this?

Submitted by on Mon, 06/30/2008 - 21:45

Sounds like bad news! How were the papers served? Do you have proof that you just now received them? If so, you should contact the court and dispute the 30 day window.

Do you have any statements showing that your Direct Merchants Bank account was paid in full? Were they the original creditor?

Submitted by alias1958 on Mon, 06/30/2008 - 21:51

alias1958

( Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

calbar

Complaints Against Attorneys
1-800-843-9053 (toll free in California)
213-765-1200 (from outside California)

Complaint Form

You should register a complaint with the State Bar if you believe that your lawyer acted improperly, but not just because there is some disagreement between you, or you believe he or she did a poor job. For such a disagreement, you should pursue alternative methods of settling attorney-client disputes, when available.

All lawyers who practice in California must live up to ethical standards imposed by the California Supreme Court and the state legislature. As an arm of the California Supreme Court, the State Bar investigates and prosecutes complaints against lawyers.

Depending on the seriousness of the offense, a lawyer can be given a warning, put on probation, suspended from practicing law for a period of time, or disbarred - prohibited from practicing law in California.

The bar has limited authority to discipline lawyers for such behavior as rudeness or making a single honest mistake. It is limited by law to complaints about unethical behavior as defined in the Rules of Professional Conduct and/or the State Bar Act.

If you believe that your lawyer acted unethically, you should file a complaint. The complaint form should be mailed to the State Bar at the address indicated. Be sure to follow the instructions.

Some things you should know about filing a complaint:

There is no fee to file a complaint.
You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to file a complaint.
When you register a complaint, you should supply photocopies of any papers, such as letters or canceled checks that relate to the problem.
The State Bar will send you postcard when your complaint form has been received.
Your complaint will be input into the computer system and a State Bar lawyer will read it to determine how the complaint will proceed. This process can take from two to three weeks.
Your complaint will then be assigned to a staff member to conduct an investigation.
You will be informed of the status of the investigation by a State Bar representative.
At the end of the investigation you will be informed in writing if your complaint will proceed to prosecution in the State Bar Court or if it will be closed.
Alternative methods of settling attorney-client disputes

Attorney Complaint Form

Rules of Professional Conduct

State Bar Act

NOTE: The State Bar's primary jurisdiction is in the regulation of attorneys. However, it is authorized by statute to take limited action against non-attorneys under certain circumstances. If you have information about the possible unlawful practice of law by an unlicensed individual, please call 1-800-843-9053. You should send supporting documents or other information to: The State Bar of California, Office of the Chief Trial Counsel, Intake Unit, 1149 S. Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015-2299, Attn: UPL Project.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/22/2008 - 12:08

I have dealt with these people and supposibly served me while I was in Iraq. I then had my wages attached for a year and no balance or statement was ever sent to me. It's seems as they keep running up the balance so that you will never pay off the debt. This should be an illegal practice to collect a debt. This is what you get for serving your country. I say that we file a DA complaint for fraud.

[email]dominique097@aol.com[/email]

Submitted by on Mon, 11/17/2008 - 14:22

FYI...CA and attorneys offices are under no obligation to send you statements. They are not a billing agencies or there to perform customer service. Some do send them, but most dont since that "implies" a payment plan. You need to keep track of your balance yourself. They will send you a payment statement periodically when requested but they will not send it to you every month.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Mon, 11/17/2008 - 14:34

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

these S.O.B.'s are sueing me for 16k...a credit card debt of my deceased mother's...and I'm named also in a seperate siut since I am sole trustee...even though there is no money in the estate...and I've been unemployed for 1.5 years. Since they seem to have no scruples, or regard for my well being... I was considering the tried and proven method of gasoline in little bottles...applied directly to the parties responsible as they...for instance...are leaving their place of employment. I've heard great things can be achieved using this method.

Submitted by on Mon, 03/23/2009 - 17:22

I've dealt with these guys before and no matter how frustrating it is, they really do follow the law. Guest, if you are a trustee of your deceased mother's estate, you are responsible for her debts. Even if there's no money in the estate, as long as there's something (probably her house, or your house?) My husband was in the same situation and we tried to hire a lawyer to get out of it but he said basically the law in California says that if someone dies and they have a trust and there's anything in the trust, then creditors can sue the trustees for repayment of the debt. Even worse, if you get something from the estate (like your mom's house), then you're a beneficiary and they can sue you for the debt. It sucks, but it's the law. We ended up settling with them, and they put us on a payment plan that was pretty reasonable. And like SOAPLADY said, they don't have to send you payments, so we just call in to get our balance.

Submitted by on Sat, 03/28/2009 - 03:29

If you payed your bills on time none of you would have to worry about this. Im a former employee at this law firm and I can tell you that everyone there is decent and honorable. They are simply doing their jobs. Dont hate them, hate the people that left you the debt....

Submitted by on Wed, 04/01/2009 - 01:17

jason is a humanoid in the extreme.i encourage everyone to hate your firm and everyone in it.everything you posted is stupid and wrong.i didn't delete your garbage because i want others to see it and blast you as you deserve to be.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 04/01/2009 - 05:32

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

received a complaint from Law Offices of Rory W. Clark which i answered. they are now taking me to court. the date is set, but i've been trying to call his offices to see if we can come to an agreement, prior to going to court to save the hassle. i can't get him speak with me.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/08/2009 - 12:54

My mother died this year and I am the beneficiary of her small house via a Living Trust.
She spent the last two sad years in a Nursing home for which we paid $700 a month. I am now being held responsible by the state of CA, for $127,400. for the "cost" of her care(through Medi-Cal) I am also being pressured by Credit card companies for her debt, most of which has to be interest & finance charges since she was unable to shop or drive for the the last 8 years or so. One card has agreed to settle with me, though I have no money and would have to borrow. This law firm has also contacted me saying they would file a claim against the Trust. WHAT IS MY LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY? Mother left me her little house feeling secure that I would have a small income from the rental of it. I am 76 years old and facing a 2nd knee replacement and thoroughly saddened and depressed by all of this. Please advise.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/20/2009 - 12:13

I'm being hit by this company. Never got a bill for the credit card they claim I owe money on. I have asked for forms to fill out for credit card fraud, they have not responded in mail or phone calls. They also put a lien on my bank without notice/serving papers. Are these guys crooks? I believe I'm being double dipped from previous credit debt which I payed off and haven't had a credit card since. What is up? C.

Submitted by on Sun, 11/22/2009 - 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you payed your bills on time none of you would have to worry about this. Im a former employee at this law firm and I can tell you that everyone there is decent and honorable. They are simply doing their jobs. Dont hate them, hate the people that left you the debt....

I hope you lose your job and then cannot pay your bills. See what the economy has done to many of us you BIATCH

Submitted by on Sat, 04/10/2010 - 16:39

[QUOTE=Mrkszoo;78741]Anybody had any interaction with this law firm?!?
Law Office of Rory W. Clark, Esq.
5743 Corsa Ave., Ste. 215
Westlake Village, Ca
If you have heard of them, have you conducted any business with them? How was the experience (good, bad, otherwise?)?
I am currently dealing with them regarding the settlement of a debt and getting nowhere. Every contact with them is a new experience in frustration. My desk has dents in it from where I've banged my head on it. It's that bad!!!
Any information you might be able to provice would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Mark Patterson
[color=red]Email removed as per forum rules-Mike[/color][/QUOTE]
This @$$hole filed for a lost stipulation with the court when I never signed one. He was able to get a judgment with a LIE. This guy is a bottom feeder. I emptied my bank account and I am student. I know I can wait it out longer than he can. You guys are right, HE IS A FRICKEN CROOK and oh yah, I understand your problems with Dolores. She is not qualified or should even be privy to any documentations concerning ANY court proceedings. SHE IS NOT EVEN A PARALEGAL. This firm is scum of the earth and I agree with all of you. I had the same experience.

Submitted by on Sat, 04/10/2010 - 16:45

Quote:

he levied my account without serving me, this is his method of opperation.

I deal with him they made filings against me and I was able to draw the funds out in time for the writ to be enforced.

It pays to pay close attention to your court records. I check mine every week. Any filing is to be a signal to draw your funds out keep them in a safe at a storage facility.

Checking your records is free.

Just go to https://ocapps.occourts.org/civilwebShopping/Login.do

Submitted by on Sun, 05/16/2010 - 14:16

Quote:

I've been paying them for about 3 1/2 years now and they don't do what they say they will, i.e. sending statements, etc. when they are supposed to. They have one really horrible office manager (I think that's what she is) but if you talk to Rory specifically, he is a nice enough man. They do not return phone calls well at all though. They will sue you in a heartbeat if you don't pay on time. And the only thing I can say about that, is if they sue you, file an answer. They'll probably drop the suit if you file the answer. :)

I agree, they do not send any statements.

Submitted by on Thu, 06/17/2010 - 17:36

I was harassed for years by this guy and his stooge employees-they are major bottom feeders, and anyone who defends their office is merely a whore who will do anything for a paycheck. Sorry to insult prostitutes, they are much higher morally than these people.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/29/2010 - 11:47

Quote:

I agree, they do not send any statements.

They are a Law Office and they do not have to send you statements and as for suing at a drop of a hat...excuse me they are a Law Office and that is what they do......

Submitted by on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 21:54

Quote:

They are a Law Office and they do not have to send you statements and as for suing at a drop of a hat...excuse me they are a Law Office and that is what they do......

no you are wrong shill.they are a bottomfeeder.from what i've read here is this place you shill for never does anything,or gets anything on the up and up.back to the phones please.we are not buying what you are shilling.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 07/28/2010 - 05:19

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Quote:

You are sick and the way you all people attuide is is not cool, cause me personally you would need to talk with some respect....An them people dont, they play a lot of games and BS around, yes we know we have the debt, but dame we are still human.

Submitted by on Mon, 08/23/2010 - 23:28

There is nothing decent and honorable about Rory Clark. Some of the people doing admin work are probably decent people. Rory Clark is a scum bag of the worst magnitude. He's skirting the law somehow and before I leave this earth, I will find out how and make sure that he gets his just due.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/08/2010 - 11:28

I had them sue me for a CHASE CC debt, and they completely lied. Claimed that I wouldn't cooperate with a payment plan, when in reality the CHASE idiot just hung up the phone, after he told me that if I couldn't pay more than $50 a month I might as well keep my money. Next thing I know I get a summons. I was laid off from a permanent firefighter career, and teaching career thanks to our wonderful moron government who can't balance a budget. Since I am not a minority or "special" in any way, I just don't qualify for any social programs, although I have my whole life payed into them. I don't have savings, retirement gone, and I skip meals so my family can eat more. Sure glad I went to college and risked my life fighting fires! I hope all the other whiney teachers get laid off so they can have a taste...

Submitted by on Wed, 09/29/2010 - 16:38

rory clark is skum. i paid them over 18k on an original debt of 14k. now he sent a letter to my work and even called my boss. he is stating i owe interest of 9k now which i can't afford and he will not negotiate. i am going to file a formal complaint against him for harassment. i took a loan off my 401k and since i am still paying that back, i can't afford to pay him one more dime. for eveyone out there, i learned not to let these skum bags frighten me anymore.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/26/2010 - 11:04

If you guys think the company is bad, you should try working for them. It's an office run by pot heads and 20 somethings.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/17/2010 - 22:16

I was never served either. This Rory Clark's process server served someone with a different name than mine in a County I didn't live in even though he filed the case in the County I live in. He damn well knew where I was. He seems really crooked.

I'm fighting the judgment he obtained because of the improper service and things look good since I have a mountain of records showing where I lived at the time of the service and that it was not within 200 miles of his service location.

Submitted by on Thu, 12/09/2010 - 10:27

Hi I also deal with this law firm and I never get a balance sent to me in order to see that my balance is decreasing... If you sew them give me your contact so I can do this with you... Unethical behaivor.... completley. Now I am questioning the whole situation in which this happened and now am stuck paying at least 1M more on the original debt owed... This is a theft happening

Submitted by on Fri, 12/31/2010 - 12:34

I have recently been served by this company and i would prefer to settle out of court but after reading the comments here i almost think it might be better to have a judge handle it. What can I do short of taking a personal loan?

Submitted by on Mon, 01/03/2011 - 19:22

just to let you know, Rory Clark is alive and well. My sister and I have a court date with him on the 19th. My mother passed in 2008, with no assets and a reverse mortgage, so even though she left her property to us in her will, the home is actually owned by the reverse mortgage lender. When Rory got hold of our attorney, she told him there was no money in the estate and explained about the reverse mortgage. So why are we going to court????????????? After reading the above comments, I guess Rory wants to show ya'll that he's still got it!

Submitted by on Sat, 01/15/2011 - 02:40

yes:)

Submitted by on Thu, 03/31/2011 - 16:47

I would love to join a class action against Rory Clark

Submitted by on Thu, 06/16/2011 - 16:36

Just wanted to let everyone know, Rory Clark and his scum of the earth client Worldwide Asset Purchasing dropped my case and dismissed the bogus default judgment against me after I got a good lawyer. Never even had to go to court. A good lawyer is well worth the money.

I am now pursuing a contingent fee only FDCPA case against these guys with this same attorney to recoup the legal costs for both cases plus much, much more.

As it stands, these guys violated at least 15 or 20 FDCPA rules and after the illegal things they did to me, we are going after every nickle possible.

I'll let you know how it goes and don't give up. These fraudulent collectors CAN be beat. :D

Submitted by on Tue, 06/28/2011 - 17:53