Skip to main content
index page

CRSI Scam???

Submitted by on Fri, 11/24/2006 - 17:58
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello I was looking up a company to see if they where legit and noticed a poster here had a similiar experience. A couple of weeks ago I recieved a call from crsi claiming I owed $245 on a loan supposedly aquired online. I was shocked. I have never taken a loan out on line nor ever intend to I told the rather rude lady named Wanda. I was unsure if someone had stolen my identity or if she had the wrong person and was not getting any help finding out from this women. All she wanted was to threaten me with law suits, not at all interested in finding out the truth. She wouldn't give any info on the supposed company that issued the loan. The lady even hung up on me! I put an alert out for credit frued and checked my credit reports (all three) and everything was in order. I shrugged it off as a scam. This Wanda lady has now called back leaving a message threating more law suits saying she hasn't heard from me since her first call. Any insight how to get ride of these parasites? Thanks in advance.

I think her call represents an initial communication. Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act states many other laws that are strictly applicable on them. Please know your rights summarized in the FTC's FDCPA0,

[quote]???? 809. Validation of debts [15 USC 1692g]
(a) Within five days after the initial communication with a consumer in connection with the collection of any debt, a debt collector shall, unless the following information is contained in the initial communication or the consumer has paid the debt, send the consumer a written notice containing --
(1) the amount of the debt;
(2) the name of the creditor to whom the debt is owed;
(3) a statement that unless the consumer, within thirty days after receipt of the notice, disputes the validity of the debt, or any portion thereof, the debt will be assumed to be valid by the debt collector;
(4) a statement that if the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, the debt collector will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of a judgment against the consumer and a copy of such verification or judgment will be mailed to the consumer by the debt collector; and
(5) a statement that, upon the consumer's written request within the thirty-day period, the debt collector will provide the consumer with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.[/quote]

Next time she calls, if it is more than 5 days, tell her they violated the fdcpa and you will report it to the FTC and AG.

Document her calls (time/date/phone#/name), and file a complaint if she persists.

Submitted by DebtCruncher on Fri, 11/24/2006 - 18:04

DebtCruncher

( Posts: 2293 | Credits: )

I had a message in my answering machine from the same company last year. I called back to see what this was about. Same story "i had an online loan unpaid, blablala." I asked them for proof of that loan since i know who i do business with and i'm current on my credit payments. they sent me a letter with the name of the supposed lender (no address, no phone # and no proof of any online transaction -which are not on my bank account either). i called again and ask for more accurate info. they stopped calling, and now they called back few days ago. this time they contacted family members and my job. i called back and the guy wouldn't even listen to me, he was rude and threatening, then hanged up on me. i dial back and the call went straight to an answering machine that said "sorry the person you are trying to reach..." then "the bos is full" then "you can't leave a message, sorry an error has occured," then i got disconnected. Point is I don't owe, know this online company, and CRSI won't provide clear information about them. this crsi is listed in Sacramento, California

Submitted by on Sat, 03/12/2011 - 13:58

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )