Skip to main content
index page

Need telephone number of Midland Credit Management

Submitted by on Tue, 01/02/2007 - 15:43
Credits:
[Donate]

I need a telephone number for midland credit management so I can pay off my debt

in 1997, my late husband Chester and I ordered a computer from Blue Hippo,
up on recieving it, we were given two return stickers. The computer never would turn on,
and we had an electrician look at it and two computer experts. In short, it did not work, so we boxed it up in the original packaging, along with the "free" gifts, which was a scanner and a printer and we returned the entire lot with the return labels.
About a month later we got a statement for over $1,000, so I called the number and was told to call this specific Collection agency. Midland credit collectors was one of the 9 they sold the account to.
That was in the winter of 1997, it has been over 12 years. We never did owe anything on this computer, we only had it about a week or less when we returned it. It was suppose to be some amount weekly taken out of our Capitol One Account, which I canceled in
2002 when Mr. Chandler passed away.
This Midland Credit Collectors is STILL hounding me. I have been widowed for 7 years.
And from what I gather the statue of limitations is long since up for any debt. However on an account that is non existing, and never was, how can they continue to hassel and harrass me and put this as a black mark against my credit rating.
I had to finance a vehicle in 2008 with First Bank of Lincoln, in Lincoln, Montana
and had no idea this claim was still existing. Until 'the interest on the loan was over 14%.
I had to have the vehicle, as I live in rural Montana( and it is 59 miles to the nearest town, my doctors are in Missoula which is 92 miles from Lincoln.) And found out that there was this bogus claim on my credit rating. I called Midland Credit and they denied it, yet they kept sending threatening letters along with 8 other agencies, that they sold the account to.
9 agencies in all trying to each collect on this one bogus account.
I am past 70, on very little income, and retired on disability. I have had 25 surgeries and facing another one on October 12, in Missoula, Montana at St. Patrick's Hospital, by Dr. Gary Willstein, from Western Montana Clinic. Phone # (406)721-5600. You can check on the validity of this statement.
If I had not returned the item in question I would gladly pay for it, but I will not nor can I
afford to pay for a dead horse, When an item is returned properly and someone in recieving drops the ball which obviously happened here, the customer should be protected.
I never actually had an account with Blue Hippo, because the contract was void when I returned the merchandise. That was about February of 1997. Please answer.
My cell # is (406) 240-3581 Barbara Carole Chandler
P.O. Box 171, Lincoln, MT. 59639 (we do not have mail delivery and we have to receive all mail through or local post office) We are in rural Montana.........thanks again.

Submitted by on Fri, 09/25/2009 - 09:11

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

These idiots call me at my work!! Which is a court house.
#1 you dont owe anything, after 5 1/2 years, they cannot collect a penny from you PERIOD!!!!
#2 I've told them to take me to court, etc. For my own reasons - i.e. I got divorced and had financial difficulties and they never put me on their emergency plan (thats a Fed thing) and slapped me with penalties and refused to take anything less than $700 and refused to fax me an agreement or statement or anything.

Call the police and complain of harrassment and DV them.

And if someone could give me their location, I would love to drive up there for a little personal visit.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 11:01

if they bought the debt then why would you pay if you didnt borrow from them?Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I need a telephone number for midland credit management so I can pay off my debt

Submitted by on Wed, 11/04/2009 - 12:33

MCM is trying to collect on a debt that was charged off (paid) over one year ago...they bought this "debt" from UCB who was collector for ShittyBank. They don't accept the Settlement Letters as proof. You must have a copy of the check or withdrawal from your bank.

I have more than one number; here they are as of 11-23-09:

1-800-282-2644 (General Cust. Service)

FAX 1-800-577-4133

Here is one for Sasa (say: Sasha) who is one step up from the others:

1-888-305-8101 Ext. 23311

FAX 1-602-707-5513

Submitted by on Tue, 11/24/2009 - 09:03

i just got a call from them trying to find my ex-girlfriend that has never lived with me here at this address and has never used this phone number!!! the guy was trying to tell me that i am responsible for her delinquencies and that since she gave this as her secondary contact number that i was responisible!!! when i threatened him and his company with a harassment law suit stating fcc rules laws and regulations of telephonic violations he took my number off the list!!! i dont think he will be calling back again!!!

Submitted by on Sat, 02/06/2010 - 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUEBEEHONEY70
800-282-2644
I hope that helps.

Thanks, I needed the number also...think I might be beint scammed...not quite sure yet. Now that I have the number....because the one on their statement is not in service at this time...how convenient!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again

Submitted by on Tue, 02/23/2010 - 16:42

Quote:

if they bought the debt then why would you pay if you didnt borrow from them?

its 1800 265 8825 ext 53117

Submitted by on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 19:05

I have gotten several phone calls from Midland requesting payment from an Emerge credit card acct that was opened in 1999 under my ssn. When I asked who opened it, they said they could not give me any info and that I need to pay 1/2 now to settle the account in full. I have told them on seveval occassions before and even faxed them letters stating that I never had an Emerge account nor have I heard of the company. They called me again on 3-24-10 wanting money and I faxed them another letter. The supervisor I talked to at Midland said his name was Jack Nicholson. Geez, I wasn't born yesterday.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 11:36

I just SPOKE with them today about an acct that was opened in my name in 2004. They took me to court, it isnt my account and they keep harassing me. So today I called AGAIN to get their fax number to fax the police report over and the rep who i spoke to gave me the info and when i inquired further he said "maaam fax over the police report, good day" and hung up on me. WTH? It just seems like a big scam. When I called them back to let them know about their crappy rep the man I spoke with Jeff said once I fax it over they will delete it from my bureau. NOTHING is ever this easy, sounds extra fishy to me.

Submitted by on Sat, 04/10/2010 - 07:18

They are horrible, I cannot believe I was trying to make payment arrangements with them and they would not take them. I asked to speak w/ a supervisor and he hung up on me. I called back I spoke with a supervisor and he was even worse than the first person I spoke with. The I was transfered to someone else and he said that he cannot agree with what I arranged with the 2nd guy. By the way did you know that the guys trying to collect are in india!!!!!!!! I think they should work on their people skills.

Submitted by on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 12:19

Don't pay this people anything they can't sue you for out of statue paper and they are calling you from India and they break every FDCPA law they can. That's what happens when we give our jobs away to over seas companies. They are not even trained to collect they call you telling you they will sue you when you had a debt from 11 years ago. They are a RIP OFF company they buy out of statue debt and try to collect on it. It can't affect your credit anymore and they can't sue you. As a bill collector myself I feel these type of agencies give bill collectors a bad name.

Submitted by on Sun, 05/30/2010 - 12:20

thanks guys i set up a payment with them to have money withdrawn from my account nevertheless i was asleep at 830 and was waken up so i gave them my banking info to be withdrawn automatically monthly. but once i woke up and realized what i did i called back to cancel the agreement she said she would cancel it for me and today i checked my account those SOBS took it out anyway and now ill be overdrawn on my account thanks you mfs

Submitted by on Sun, 06/06/2010 - 03:41

I got denied on a credit check because of Midland, even after I paid their $300 blood money. They say they don't have to the remove this from your credit report. This emerged from a debt made several years ago that I had never been billed for, but technically I couldn't prove it wasn't my debt.

Submitted by on Tue, 08/03/2010 - 10:27

Midland Credit Management has been calling me lately looking for someone I do not know. The caller will variously holler "hello, hello" and hang up, or just laugh and hang up. I finally engaged with the caller: he is "Jim" or "Tim" with Midland Credit Mgt. He started out with a southern accent and eventually settled on a British accent. If excited the accent goes away. I told him to quit calling because he has the wrong number.
I know that they will sell this bad debt account to some other shiester outfit, with MY PHONE # ATTACHED, so the calls will resume. This has been going on for over 10 years! I went through this with McCort(?), Northland Group, Redline Recovery, Valorem, Mercantile Adjustments, and probably more. Is this harassment? Yes, I have received hundreds of calls about this "John Doe" (I will not use the name that they all ask for since I am sure that will simply attract more attention).
What to do? I can not stop this without changing my phone number of 22+ yrs. However, these fellas like using the phone so let us just call them back. You too can have a go with "Tim", just chat him up, it really is weirdly entertaining. Call "Tim" at Midland Credit Management @ 1 800 825 8131 x35384 (when the robovoice picks up press 1, then enter the extension 35384). Ask for Tim. Ask him questions, but don't answer his questions. Don't tell him where you got his number. Remember, if he's on the phone with you, he's not hassling someone else... Enjoy
1 800 825 8131 x35384

Submitted by on Thu, 08/05/2010 - 12:22

http://www.mcmcg.com/about/officers.htm.

All of the company officer names are here. Contact these people in any way you can. I found some of them on LinkedIn and others on Facebook. For those of us who are called for debts that are not ours (like the man above who said they called about his girlfriend), call them... write them... let them know this is not okay.

Contact the Better Business Bureau in San Diego where they are located. Contact the companies that hire them. I wrote a Chase Bank customer service executive to tell him I will never be a customer of his bank because of how I was treated by Midland.
Once companies like Chase realize that the practices of a company like Midland hurt their business, they will make changes.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/26/2010 - 07:50

You're a bill collector? Hilarious. You probably don't even know what the first five FDCPA chapters are. Let alone the ones on harassment. Because if you were a debt collector, you would know how the business works. They're all charged off accounts that the first party collections cannot collect on.

And there are 5 sites for MCM. Out of which four are in US. I'm from India. And you know what? I type better english than you. I bet I speak it better than you too. F.Y.I, we go through 2 months of proper skill training out of which one is entirely dedicated to FDCPA. Also, everyone employed at the India Site are college graduates. Lets talk about that, shall we?

Also, don't bother trolling on this thread. I'm not coming back to read this. So, good luck, you lot! PAY YOUR BLOODY BILLS ON TIME, Morons!

Submitted by on Sat, 09/04/2010 - 18:55

Also, since most of you know what MCM is and you're probably reading this. We're humans too. Fallible, we are. We understand you. Understand us too. Besides, Yesi pointed out, we're from India. We're huge on emotions. Don't believe me? Watch Bollywood. :)) Sorry. I had to get that one out!

CG

Submitted by on Sat, 09/04/2010 - 18:58

Quote:

You're a bill collector? Hilarious. You probably don't even know what the first five FDCPA chapters are. Let alone the ones on harassment. Because if you were a debt collector, you would know how the business works. They're all charged off accounts that the first party collections cannot collect on.

And there are 5 sites for MCM. Out of which four are in US. I'm from India. And you know what? I type better english than you. I bet I speak it better than you too. F.Y.I, we go through 2 months of proper skill training out of which one is entirely dedicated to FDCPA. Also, everyone employed at the India Site are college graduates. Lets talk about that, shall we?

Also, don't bother trolling on this thread. I'm not coming back to read this. So, good luck, you lot! PAY YOUR BLOODY BILLS ON TIME, Morons!

so you are one of the wastes that call people.great!!!!!!!!btw i don't care if you respond or not.just want people to see a rebuttal to this.got that moron.

Submitted by paulmergel on Sat, 09/04/2010 - 19:51

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Quote:

Don't pay this people anything they can't sue you for out of statue paper and they are calling you from India and they break every FDCPA law they can. That's what happens when we give our jobs away to over seas companies. They are not even trained to collect they call you telling you they will sue you when you had a debt from 11 years ago. They are a RIP OFF company they buy out of statue debt and try to collect on it. It can't affect your credit anymore and they can't sue you. As a bill collector myself I feel these type of agencies give bill collectors a bad name.

Thanks for the info they just called me saying I owe a debt but did not provide the debt I am suppose to owe. Why are you calling me on a Sunday are you serious? They called me Sat and I told them not to call me but apparently they have a hearing problem as well. So since they keep calling me "private" I looked up their number and started harassing them to give them a taste of their own medicine. They stop answering their phone and let it go to voice mail.

Submitted by on Sun, 10/10/2010 - 13:53

Here it is. I spoke to a woman on the phone as I attempted to have my number removed from their list. They have been calling for someone named Amber for almost a year since I was given the phone number from Time Warner.

8875 Aero Drive
San Diego CA

Good luck to all of us.

Submitted by on Sat, 01/15/2011 - 11:37

thier number is 1800-265-8825 ext 53210 and its the same indian guy tht calles they are sacmers ..BE WARE !!!

Submitted by on Thu, 06/16/2011 - 21:51

Don't pay them a dime. They buy debt and file thousands of lawsuits because the majority of people do not answer the complaints so they get can get an uncontested judgment. Once they get a judgment, they can garnish your wages. It is a number game for them.. the majority will not fight it. I was sued by them, I answered and asked them to prove the debt. They could not... We went to court, and they dropped the lawsuit because the judge asked them for prove. They bank on the fact that you will not show or answer. Do it!!!

Now I am suing them for harrassment so every time they call, I log it and every time I get a letter, I send it to my lawyers. Lawyers will take on your case because they can rack up lawyers fees and you get $1,000 judgment in your favor if they find that they broke FTC rules, which they do every day.

Answer the phone, get their name and extension and log it so that if you want to sue for harrassment, you got the info.

Do not pay them. They were reporting to the credit bureaus and I just contacted them and I had them delete that account. They cannot verify the debt because they buy thousands of debts everyday and it is basically just a list of names, ssns and amounts.

When I appeared to the pre-trial mediation (first step in county court where I live before it is sent to trial/judge), there were about 25 cases from these idiots and the majority of the people settled with them. Doesn't matter if you settle, they will still report you and harrass you so save your money!!!

Bye

Submitted by on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 09:51