Skip to main content
index page

Daniels and Norelli?

Submitted by toohotnky on Wed, 01/10/2007 - 02:27
Credits:
[Donate]

How do I find out if Daniels and Norelli are licensed in my state to collect debt? They are a very rude collection/attorneys office.

Indiana

Submitted by on Wed, 01/10/2007 - 09:58

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

If you live in New York City and are being sued by Daniels & Norelli P.C., be sure to check with the Dept. of Consumer Affairs and see if they are licensed to collect debt. It currently appears that they are NOT licensed by the DCA. Search on Yahoo for "don't get duped DCA" and you will find a very handy pdf file with more info.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/20/2007 - 01:17

Just wanted to let anyone know who was being harassed by Daniels & Norelli - I was being sued by them and went to court. They didn't send me any documentation supporting their claims before the first court date, so the judge made them send me what they had, set a new date, and marked the case final, meaning no more adjournments after the new court date. Daniels & Norelli did send me some documents, and when I went to court again, I was prepared to argue my case. But I didn't have to - the Daniels & Norelli attorney did not have a witness present to admit their evidence, so the case was dismissed. If you have to go up against them, your best bet might be to call their bluff and let it go to court.

Submitted by on Sat, 04/07/2007 - 05:51

Daniels & Norelli use extortion and terror tactics to try to get money from consumers. They have no prior experience in debt collection or fdcpa litigation, so don't be intimidated by them. Their background is in real estate. If they are harassing you by phone, demand that they stop calling you and only communicate with you in writing. If necessary, record these calls and tell them that you are recording all calls. Report them to the New York State Bar Association if they are abusing you verbally or if they are making threats, contact your state Federal Bureau of Investigations.

Do not be a victim of ruthless debt collectors. These people are not there to help you. No matter what they say, don????????t believe them.

Their threats are meaningless.

Always document every communication you receive from any debt collector.

If you demand that D&N or any other debt collector only contact you in writing, they are required, under the FDCPA, to contact you ONLY in writing. Under no circumstances should you ever send any money to a collection agency. Do not make payment arrangements with them or give them access to your bank account.

There is a way to win at this game, and to settle your obligations to your creditors, but it is not by cooperating with unethical, predatory debt collectors.

Submitted by on Mon, 11/12/2007 - 08:42

im only on social security they froze my account i asked for and never received what it was all about i had just lost my husband so you can imagine my feelings the said they would take my furniture and belongings etc. iaked for and never got any paper work ss is exemt which i did not know i never said they could take any money the paper sent to the bank was phony the only one allowed to take money is the sheriff or marshal

Submitted by on Tue, 05/13/2008 - 08:26

Just starting (11/5) a trip with D&N. Rec'd phone msg about a delinquent account active between 2002-2006 that had my SSN but not my name and address. I called back to let them know they called the wrong number. I had never heard of the account # they gave me. They offered very little info. Claimed the SSN ties it to me legally/responsibly and wanted me to settle ($1200) that day. He said it would do no good to contact Chase siince they had sold the account to them. He offered very little info about the account. I dug thru my records and found no statements from or payments to Chase for the account (2202-2006). I contacted Chase and they had me mail them a copy of my SocSec card - agreeing that the person's name on the account was not me. D&N then had me go file a police report on the SSN theft. I was to fax the report to them right away. The police gave me an incident ticket (not a full police report) which I was only able to scan in and fax to them by using a fax number I got from the D&N web site. The number the D&N collector gave me would not accept my fax after trying for 4 hours. (I suspect they may have blocked my number somehow.) D&N did say they would send me a letter on it, but only after I requested it. So now I wait to see what Chase and D&N have to say -- if anything. I hope they work this out between them but from the other entries, I doubt it will be that easy.

Also, I did a credit check (something I never bothered with before) and couldn't find any references to the a Chase Account being approved or going through such a horrendous delinquency.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/07/2008 - 08:04

Update: Have heard nothing from Chase or D&N. Did discover that my address in one of the "white page" people lookups has me as having lived at the address that is on the bogus account. And, the name that's tied to that address had died in late October.

Submitted by on Thu, 11/20/2008 - 13:58

man on man these people are so rude..I tried getting status on my account and they were so rude....MR WINTERS is the rudest guy I have ever spoke to

Submitted by on Tue, 12/09/2008 - 08:24

I settled a debt with them and now I am trying to get a letter from them stating that I paid it off. Now they refuse. I will be reporting them to federal trade commission. Plus they verbally abuse their customers, including me.

Submitted by on Fri, 04/10/2009 - 15:26

I have received a few calls from a Mr. John Lannigan asking for my husband. When I told him he was not available at that time he asked if I was his wife and started questioning me on the account he was calling about. I told him I was not familiar with the company he mentioned and he would have to call back. Then he started asking me about other accounts or credit cards we might have, which I did not think was any of his business. Today he called and I told him I would take a number, he gave it to me then asked me to read it back to him. I told him it was on my caller ID and then he said that was not the number he was giving and from there got very abusive about our credit history and the way we handle our business. I asked him about his credit history and how he handles his business and he did not respond to that question. My husband has been very sick for ten years, me for five and we are both on disability. Yea, our credit history is bad due to some hard circumstances but at least when we were working we didn't make a living harrassing older people about their credit. Daniels and Norelli stationary states across the bottom - "This communication is fram a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information oftained will be used for that purpose. Daniels & Norelli, P.C. is only licensed to practice law in the State of New York".

Submitted by on Fri, 05/08/2009 - 11:23

They have called me several times and now they called my inlaws home who knows nothing of this matter. One... I dont know anything about this account and now they called my inlaws and are telling them all this info that isnt even true. You can imagine my embarresment.. My father inlaw has a big mouth..

Submitted by on Wed, 06/10/2009 - 20:08

I have a court date coming up with them - they filed a summons, I was served by mail and I answered it within the alloted time. I wrote debt validation letters last year to them and in response I received a sheet made up by them but no other backup to state the debt is really mine - nothing with my signature or anything. I want to argue that what they sent isn't validation. Any thoughts?

Submitted by on Wed, 07/08/2009 - 13:36

I had an outstanding debt that I just about completely settled. I paid a total of $4,600.00 of the total $5,600.00 and have the cashed money orders, in addition to the satisfaction letter. They just recently started garnishiering my wages for the ENTIRE amount. I have retained a lwayer and currently have a court date suing the, for harrassment, slander, and some other legal mumbo jumbo my lawyer is familiar with. By the time I am done....I promise I will be the one laughing. My lawyer says we have them by the balls because thankfully, I am an EXTREMEMLY organized person and retain everything as far as records. Lets see what happens!

Submitted by on Wed, 01/13/2010 - 11:50

After reading up on this so called company (enforcers, bullies are probably better words), I realized that they are simply clowns looking to scare you into mis-action. I just received a letter from them and while the communication at the bottom reads "This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose." it has no mention of them only licensed to practice law in the State of New York as Anonymous posted. I live in Florida and wonder if that little bit of info was intentionally omitted...

Submitted by on Tue, 02/23/2010 - 08:26

I filed two complaints on Daniels and Norelli with the Federal Trade Commission. I suggest you do the same. They are violating dozens of fair debt collection practices rules and regulations and they should be punished for their tactics. They've threatened my Grandmother, my Father, and told me they'd throw me in jail on a debt that I was already paying on through In Charge Debt Solutions. They bought my debt from Bank of America, added $3000 to it, and started the harassing phone calls. Even though I've taken that debt from $9000 (originally $6000) down to $1900 in 4 years, they still call to harass me every 6 months. I just hang up on them, because they just start screaming in the phone and I can't even attempt to talk to them. I don't know how they're still in operation. File a complaint on FTC website if you want them to be held accountable for their unfair tactics.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/21/2010 - 15:15

Daniels and Norelli is a thuggish company. They need to be reported to the New York State attorney general. They harass, are hostile and rude on the telephone, and violate any number of laws about weekend calls, work calls, and after-hours calls. If you're being pestered by Daniels and Norelli, immediately contact the NYS Attorney General's office.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/29/2010 - 06:07

They just called and also stated " this is an attempt to collect a debt" I am in California and wouild like to know if they are allowed to practice law in california, the person that called was a "George Michael".... hhhmm,

Submitted by on Tue, 11/02/2010 - 10:35

This company keeps calling my number looking for someone I've never heard from. I've told them that on two occasions yet they are still calling. This has been going on for months. Unfortunely I'm rarely here and only find their messages. They call from (516) 338-7520 but want you to call them on (800) 332-3306. Word of warning, calling any toll free number puts the continued privacy of your unlisted/blocked phone number at risk. By calling that toll free number, they are paying for your phone call and you are giving them your home or cell number as part of their billing process. It's not supposed to be legal but it happens all of the time.

Submitted by on Mon, 03/07/2011 - 19:25

Unfortunately these morons do have a license. And abuse it repeatedly. They curse people out, call them deadbeats and call their jobs to harass them there.

Submitted by on Sat, 10/13/2012 - 08:34