Skip to main content
index page

Mezey & Associates

Submitted by on Thu, 04/05/2007 - 07:38
Credits:
[Donate]

Mezey & Associates will only take your money and rip you off. Joseph Wade Mezey is a young lawyer (graduated in 2002) and is only licensed in the state of new york. His office is located at 405 A Arenoso, San Clemente, CA 92672, 949-542-7661. I have file a complaint with the FTC against them and have a lawyer that is going to sue them.

I have a client who has just been ripped off for over $4,000.00 and has had their credit score go from the high 700s to under 500. They want to sue for not only a refund, but for the problems that they have incurred due to their credit rating being destroyed by Mezey and Associates. I would like to be part of your lawsuit and maybe we can file a class action for a very large sum of money and have them shut down so no one else can get ripped off. Please e mail me back ASAP to email address removed as per forum rules - Mike

Kind regards,
Peter Weinstein

Submitted by on Tue, 05/08/2007 - 12:07

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I would like to be part of the class action. Please tell me what to do.

Submitted by on Thu, 06/14/2007 - 11:14

Hi, Can somebody provide me with contact name of attorney to sue Mezey and associates.
Thank you, Mikhail60

Submitted by on Mon, 09/24/2007 - 22:33

I am interested in this class action suitas well. I was originally involved with "national legal debt center" but with no permission or communication I was all the sudden a client of this Mezey outfit.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/15/2007 - 10:22

Please contact me regarding the class action lawsuit. D.Mallett

Submitted by on Mon, 10/15/2007 - 19:55

I too have been scammed by Mezey....they did not take care of one of my debts by calling the company and I had a judgement placed on my bank account $2700 frozen....I have tried to contact them over the past 2 weeks without any success and then I found this forum today with similar complaints about MEZEY. Can someone plese help me with info of any class action suit? I am out $4000 that I gave to them, bank fees of over $500 and no access to all the money I have in the world. Thanks

Submitted by scoobypsdoo on Wed, 10/17/2007 - 09:15

scoobypsdoo

( Posts: | Credits: )

It is a shame that my 72 year old mother who has cancer has been taken for her social security for the last 20 months. When she was with NLD they at least paid 3 of her small accounts. Mezey hasn't paid anything and are sitting on 7300.00 of her money. Shame on them. We don't have the money to sue them so I guess all we can hope for is that this @#$%^^&&& burns in hell. I wonder if his mother knows about his goings on. Shame on her that she would raise a son like this. She can burn in hell too.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/19/2007 - 11:42

some attorneys will only be paid by what they recover for you, so it is free to try and sue. Talk to attorneys. I am sure Mezey is banking on people in debt not being able to afford to sue. However, I will keep looking until I find someone that will take the case. Not so much for my money but I don't want them doing this to other people especially someon like your mum. Good luck! Don't quit....

Submitted by on Fri, 10/19/2007 - 16:05

I would like to be a part of your lawsuit

Submitted by on Mon, 10/29/2007 - 20:07

I've tried to cancel my "agreement" with these people and can't get any response. I would like to join any type of class action suit that is filed.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/31/2007 - 10:55

I received a phone call that Mezey & Associates was transfering all of the account to Campos Chartered Law Firm. All funds that I have put into my account transfered as well. I was told that Mezey is running for the senate (stop laughing, I'm serious). Anyhoo, I got my package from Campos Chartered Law Firm and they appear to be a lot more aggressive then Mezey & Associates, etc. Also, the number of months for complete pay off also went down -- so we will see!

Submitted by on Mon, 11/26/2007 - 20:01

I too want to be apart of the class action - they also ruined my credit and totally ripped me off! They just took my money and that was it!

Submitted by on Tue, 11/27/2007 - 12:48

They did all the same "stuff" to me also
I would love to get them - but I am having trouble finding a lawyer - I'm in LA. Any leads on a lawyer?
Please let me know

Submitted by on Mon, 12/03/2007 - 18:57

No Sniveling!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by on Wed, 12/19/2007 - 09:20

A crook by any other name is still a crook! I have removed myself from this group of no nothings do nothings and have paid off my creditors all by myself. I was lucky to have that opportunity -- plus the fact that the creditors understood my situation and were willing to work with me. I just wish I had done this 12 months and a higher credit score ago. RUN from these guys!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 12/25/2007 - 11:18

Mezey has changed to Charter Campos which is now associated with another firm. What's the deal? And I get no return calls to answer my questions about the $5000 I've shelled out thus far in the program.

If this class action lawsuit is still being considered I'd like to be contacted

Submitted by on Wed, 02/20/2008 - 09:02

We were with Mezey/Campos. We ended up filing bankruptcy after forking over thousands of dollars with nothing being done. Now we asked to get at least the money back we had in escrow. This took weeks but we finally got a check. However, today we found out that this check bounced!!! Talk about being angry. Anyone else out there have anything like this happen? :x

Submitted by on Mon, 05/05/2008 - 19:00

By the way, anybody have a lawsuit against these guys? Let us know.

Submitted by on Tue, 05/06/2008 - 05:52

i called my state att gen and filed a complaint,plus the federal trade comission and filed a complaint with them as well.i heard there is a class action suit against them filed in west virigina...i am still trying everything i know.i talked to a lady at mezey last week she said we will only get back the money in escrow....nothing else that mezey has closed their doors she sugest we contact an attorney for any of the other money we have paid them.so far i have not recieved my escrow of 350.00 nor have i gotton a letter from them she said all letters were going to be mailed by june 30th,so far as of july5th i have not gotton mine

Submitted by on Wed, 07/02/2008 - 16:33

In response to the above: Yes, we are yet another two victums of Mezeys/Campos. We have been waiting for months for return of escrow. They put us off every month and today we hear Mezey will return our escrow. So far I have been on hold on the phone directly with Mezey and Associates for 36 minutes now with no answer. The one credit card they said they paid off we had to pay again and a few more we had on account with them. Currently our escrow is $6191 plus the $1800+ they said they paid. Providian. I want a class action Lawsuit in North Carolina.

Submitted by wt.ruff on Mon, 08/04/2008 - 15:39

wt.ruff

( Posts: 3 | Credits: )

I was recently employed at a Debt Settlement/management co. Mezey is no longer in business the BBB has closed there office down.,which was located in NewYork, Newyork. Sad to say but those who have delt with them more then likely will not be refunded anything. Mezey will change there name to start practice else where. To anyone DO NOT join any debt consildation for any reason. you can settle your own debt.,DO NOT hire a attorney YOU can do it on your own. As consumers we can rely on others to clean up our mess.

Submitted by on Mon, 08/25/2008 - 10:15

It will be pretty hard to chalk up 8k. I still want my money back. To the victums of the bottom feeders: We all need to pull together and put a stop to these companies who do this. This is what I really want more than the money! No matter how you cut it, it is just dead wrong!

Submitted by on Mon, 08/25/2008 - 15:39

I am also a victim of this so-called Mezey and Associates
debt consolidation and would like to participate in a class
action suit along with the other clients that they have stoled money from.
All of us need to go after his license and have him disbarred
and refunded our monies.

Submitted by on Thu, 09/04/2008 - 13:01

I have been taken on a ride with Campos, I am looking into a Lawyer that will file a class action suit, the only thing is we need to get together and tell our story. If anyone wants to get in on this send me an email at [email]dem04162000@yahoo.com[/email]
tell me your story so we have something to work with. If anyone wants I have some very interesting info on campos I will sent the links

Submitted by on Thu, 09/11/2008 - 11:24

I would like to be on that docket for by now I am out 7-8k.
Or at least let me know who your lawyer is.
T.Ruff
Email address removed for your protection - ND

Submitted by on Fri, 10/31/2008 - 10:43

Well, sad to say I'm a victim as well. I just received a letter in the mail about The Campos Chartered Law Firm and related companies are being closed down. I hope this will allow me to get my money back. I think your battle against Mezey and Campos may have been won.

Submitted by on Sun, 11/02/2008 - 13:15

Although Campos Law Firm took over my account from Mezey and have settled a few of my accounts, they are now also being closed. The only problem is that Mezey withdrew thousands of dollars from my account and I have no idea how much money was transferred over when Campos took over. I'm so frustrated and have no idea how to get my money back. If you can help, please email me at e-mail removed for your protection - ND. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/18/2008 - 13:07

Campos Chartered Law Firm has a class action suit against them. Any monies that was given to Mezey and Associates were not transferred to Campos. That money is lost. If anyone is filing a Class action suit against Mezey, please enter the attorney's name and contact information here so we can all get in on it.

Submitted by on Tue, 02/03/2009 - 05:59

Mezey & Associates just had a $ 500,000 punitive award imposed against them in Tompkins County Supreme Court, New York.

Submitted by on Fri, 05/08/2009 - 08:43

I joined Mezey & Assoc in November of 2006. We will help you pay your debt off in 36 to 48 months. After 11 months I was transferred to another law firm. I paid this firm, Campos Chartered Law Firm for another 12 months. In July of 2008 I received a summons from superior court in my home town. I was being sued by one of my creditors. Not either of these law firms did nothing with my creditors. I had to call and get things in the works to get this paid. Guess what, the bill was settled for 60% of the total. At the end of the year I received a 1099 for the balance. I had to pay federal and state tax on the balance that was not due. I continued to pay until November 2008. My payment was not taken from my checking account like it had been. Guess what not. Campos Chartered Law Firm is now in receivership. I paid in over $18,000.00 to these two places. The receivership has informed my that because I paid part of my money to Mezey it does not count toward money for Campos. So the claim I filed with the receivership will only consider $2900 of my claim. However, I will not receive all or maybe nothing of this money. I can't believe that this type of business can advertise over TV and on the internet. Just in March I received another summons from one of my creditors. I just filed Bankruptcy because of this rip off. How can this be stopped. I have just read some information below. How does a person get named in class action suit to get some or all of their money back. I thought I was doing the right thing. However, that was not true.

Submitted by on Sun, 05/10/2009 - 15:35

Mezey and Associates have put me in a position that I am not sure I will ever recover from. I would have been better off just filing for Bankruptcy b/c I had to do so in order stop a suit against me from one of my credit cards b/c they would not speak to the creditor on my behalf. Crooks all of them are crooks.....

Submitted by on Fri, 07/24/2009 - 23:59

Same exact thing happened to me, also being screwed by the "Gvt" and this Daniel Stermer(Rcvr)for the money just cuz I was 3 days "late" postmarking my claim form. BS!!!! I'm suing them now...

Submitted by on Wed, 08/05/2009 - 20:15