Skip to main content
index page

Anyone know Stephen Luttrell?

Submitted by on Mon, 04/09/2007 - 16:40
Credits:
[Donate]

Good evening everyone:

I have a name and phone number on my caller ID. It is Luttrell, Stephen 931-484-2294

There was no message or anything on my voice mail.

Does anyone know this person or this number?

Mike

His name is associated with Debt Freedom Group and integritydebtoptions.com. The phone call may or may not have been associated with his business/professional dealings. Perhaps you filled out an online form (or somebody did with your phone number).

Submitted by on Tue, 02/05/2008 - 11:17

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I recived a call from him last night. Iam wondering if this is a scam or true company.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/24/2008 - 07:36

so is this guy legit? I had him contact me also

Submitted by on Tue, 03/03/2009 - 11:00

I spoke with Stephen Luttrell myself. He is one of 25 representatives for a company called Integrity Debt Relief also known as CSC. Integrity debt releif has a unique method of getting people out of debt using contract law. It sounds plausible but I have a hard time belieiving the credit card companies can't or have not drafted a law to circumvent the Integrity Debt Relief practices. After a Bush signed in everything they drafted during his term. Anyway I have investigated Integrity Debt Relief and have found NOTHING but other people questioning if they are legit. Someone said to look up the rep and I have found nothing on Stephen either except this page.

Submitted by on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 13:38

Have any of you signed up for his program? I have done A LOT of searching too because this sounds too good to be true, but I cannot find anything and the more I read, the more it seems legit, so I thought I would check here and see if anyone else actually signed up??

Submitted by on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 09:09

I also am trying to figure out if this is a scam. Has anyone went through with the program???? Does it really work????

Submitted by on Thu, 08/13/2009 - 13:46

Here is a thread about them:
http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/settlement/integritydebtreliefgroup.html

There sure are a lot of different debt relief companies/scams/etc with the word "Integrity", isn't there? Solid info is hard to find. So many names mentioned in connection with it/them.

Some more info: "http://trado.info/node/138"
That post has very valid info on it.

However, I have worked at payment processing centers and the letters are opened by hand and machine. The machine slices the top, air blows in, and suction cups hold the front & the back of the envelope so you can just grab the free standing stub and check. Here it gets tricky, though. For ONE company, we were requested to put any stubs with writing on them into a different stack. These were put into different batches so a whole batch of written on stubs would be together, where they were forwarded to the communications dept for processing. But this was AFTER the check was already endorsed.

The "however" comes in now - that was the ONLY company that did that, the rest ignored the notes and processed the payment as normal, unless the Address Change box was *clearly* marked (I mean clear enough to see it fast - it's a high speed operation).

So the premise that signing the check automatically changes the contract is nonsense. Companies have been sued for doing just that, because it is deceptive. They would send you a check, and by cashing it you agreed to be under their (usually expensive) contractual services.

BUT, that said - NO ONE has sued them in Federal Court. They show 0 complaints on the BBB. Considering that their BBB file was opened in Dec 2005, that is nearly a miracle for a company so many people call a scam. I did find many, many, many anonymous allegations. But NO legitimate, documented complaints?

Anonymous attacks mean nothing more than some people have time to waste and the pettiness to waste it in such churlish pursuits.

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Fri, 08/14/2009 - 03:35

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )

Ya, I've got some hesitation in believing this. Sounds good as far as contract law goes, however, I there must be a meeting of the minds, the card company must know or have reason to know that terms are changing. Not really clear. Got a C- in Contract law, and am going to have to retake it someday, but I know that it's a lot more in depth than Offer, acceptance, performance, and consideration. I don't know. Sounds too good to be true. Also, sounds like even if it was successful in reducing debt, the cost of litigation would be through the roof. Any contract lawyer willing to take on the credit card companies would have to, in my mind, not only have balls of steel but deep pockets too. I think you could end up paying more in legal fees than if you'd just paid the debt. What do you think?

Submitted by on Wed, 09/23/2009 - 16:44

Well, you can have all the hesitation in the world, but if no customer files a legitimate complaint nor sues them for ripping them off, then there must be more to the process than meets the eye. I myself have suspicions about the process, however I do not take opinions posted on what amounts to tabloids as fact.

As far as: Quote:

the card company must know or have reason to know that terms are changing
The credit card companies are notorious for loading consumers up with massive disclosures written in tiny print that the consumer unwittingly agrees to, much to their consternation when they get behind on their payments with any creditor, even another one. So I would think that since they are pros at deception that they would be extra careful not to be taken by deception themselves. You can't con a con!

Quote:
Any contract lawyer willing to take on the credit card companies would have to, in my mind, not only have balls of steel but deep pockets too. I think you could end up paying more in legal fees than if you'd just paid the debt.
Absolutely agreed. That is why it is important to file complaints properly. The State Attorney Generals *do* have the budget and the power to go up against them, but they can't just do it based on anonymous complaining on a public forum - they need numerous *documentation* of actual abuses.

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Thu, 09/24/2009 - 05:27

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )

I am going thru the process of CMS. The founder of the company did debt collection and wrote manuals for debt collection for many companies. In listening to him, it seemed like he really knew his stuff and he has been featured on radio, etc. I am still not sure how it's going to end but if anyone would know how to work thru this process it would be someone who did it on a daily basis like this guy.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/14/2010 - 15:20

I gave Steve Luttrell of CobraDebitfree.com $ 3500.00 to help me with my credit debit, and at
first it sounded like they could help me they returned my calls for a while and pulled some credit reports sent some letters, and after 9 months and a lot of excuses they stoped returnining my calls and e-mails and now I cant get in touch with steven or his pardner
Peter from Innvoas who is the brains of the opperation and who also dosn't use a last name.
I would like to report these guys but to who? I feel I have been ripped off they told me to stop paying my credit bills and now I may get sued.

Submitted by on Thu, 04/28/2011 - 20:22

Im having the same problem with this I gave him $3500 too and now being sued I belive if we can get enough people together we can file a class action law suite with the Attorney General.
Please contact me if this has happened to you email me at [email]strokerz28@gmail.com[/email]
Thanks

Submitted by on Wed, 05/11/2011 - 10:15

i too signed up with stephen and peter john. am having trouble with peter getting him to answer my calls. wrote steve an email asking for refund. we will see.

Submitted by aircoprecision on Tue, 10/04/2011 - 19:37

aircoprecision

( Posts: | Credits: )