Skip to main content
index page

Csi

Submitted by on Wed, 04/27/2011 - 13:56
Credits:
[Donate]

HI! I've received the letter from CSI. I did not knew who they are, so I did research online and found your forum. I was thinking to call them before I read this, but now I'm not sure if it's a good idea at all. In the letter they saying that I have to reply within 30 days, but they already started to call me and my ex-wife. I do owe money to my credit card, but I'm out of job and simply cannot pay it at this time. Can you please advise what should I do? Thank you in advance!:confused:

You should ask CSI to validate the debt. You should send them the debt validation letter within the 30 days time period. If they are unable to validate the debt, then you shouldn't pay them anything. If they validate the debt, then you'll be liable for payments. In such a situation, you should negotiate with them for settlement so that it becomes easier for you to make the payments. Also, you should start taking steps to find employment. Wish you good luck! :-)

Submitted by Anna Sweeting on Wed, 04/27/2011 - 21:44

Anna Sweeting

( Posts: 1827 | Credits: )

Quote:

should negotiate with them for settlement so that it becomes easier for you to make the payments

Anna do you know the difference between a payment arrangement and a settlement? Settlements a lump sum, sometimes broken down into 3-6 payments. A payment plan is long term payment plan paying the entire balance with much smaller payments. The OP is unemployed....how can he make payments on a settlement? He clearly stated he cannot afford payments!

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Thu, 04/28/2011 - 04:51

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )