Skip to main content
index page

I don't owe the money, but I want to get it paid off

Submitted by cdkennedy59 on Wed, 10/26/2011 - 07:35
[Donate]

I lived at the Riverstone Apartments in Federal Way and moved out back in March of 2009. I had not given suffucient notice for moving out at the end of March, so I had to Pay April's rent even though I would not be there. I also had a deposit I paid when I moved in. I have over 80 pictures of the place when I moved out showing it was emmaculate and move in ready. I also have witnesse's who saw the apartment when I locked the door behind me. I paid April 2009's rent to them before I left. Yet they still calimed I owed them, that I broke a lease, First off I was no longer on a lease I was on a month to month contract because I knew I would be moving. They kept my deposit, claiming I had to pay for painting and carpet cleaning though the pictures I have show the carpet looked new as it had just been cleaned, the walls were clean also. I have pictures of everything from every angle including drawers, dish washer inside and out, washer and dryer the same. After going over there figures that they and I Q Data gave me and the money they got from me and the deposit, they owe me $105. dollars USD. They are caliming I owe them $600. I need this off my report and proof I paid it so it will not effect me in the future. I am going to pay them but with a postal money order as you never give out bank information or credit card numbers to these places as they can and will charge you any time they want to and they get away with it. When I called I Q Data after learning about this claimed debt. which by law the complex is suppose to contact you within 14 days after move out if there is any issue and they never did. Look it up in Washington State Landlord / Tennant laws, I Q Data was very rude to me. My son heard the entire conversation also and wanted to jump through the phone and give them what for. I called my older brother who use to work in credit repair. He told me that I should insist on a letter from them via fax before I pay anything that states that upon payment of the debt. they will fax me a letter saying I paid it off and they will notify the credit bureau. He also said Do not give bank account information, Do not pay by personal check, Above all do not give credit card information to them because they then have the ability to go in for any reason at any time and take money from you and you will be basically helpless and have to cancell your card and or bank account and open new ones. I am contacting them today to discuss this with them. If they are jerks again, I will be reposting on here as well as reporting them. They do need to be closed down from the way they treat people. They are commiting acts of verbal assault. My son is my wittness on this. Their mothers and fathers raised jerks so their lineage must be that of jerks to say it politely with out profanity it is in their blood lines. They choose their jobs for what ever reason, and they choose to treat people like trash and have no consideration for a persons situation whether it be they just did not know or a real hardship. However also you have to understand there are those out there that make it hard for those of us who want our debts. paid and credit good because they pile up debt. and then don't pay it so it makes it hard for those of us who do care about our credit.:(