Skip to main content
index page

Does anyone have the fax number to DirecTV to revoke ACH

Submitted by dentond1 on Wed, 01/20/2010 - 22:52
[Donate]

Does anyone have the fax number to DirecTV so I may revoke ach?

I called last week (1/11) to cancel service with DirecTV. I was told that I would have an early termination fee bill of $456 and my last bill of $57 for service. I asked to be billed and the CSR said that I would receive two separate bills in the mail. The first would be the last bill & the second bill for the ETF fee and for the receiver if I didn't return it within the next week. On Tuesday morning (1/19), my bank account is negative $467. I called DirecTV and asked them why they debited my account when I was to get the bills in the mail. I was told that I agreed to have my debt card on file in case I decided to cancel early when I signed up. I told them that I never agreed to that and that I didn't even sign anything (because my roommate was there during installation of the dish).

Anyways, I went to the bank (BOA) and told them that I never authorized the charge. First, they tried to stop payment but it was too late then they said that after it posts (it's pending right now) they will reverse it and waive the five overdraft fees. After it is reversed, I am closing the account. To cover all my bases, I want to send a revoke of ach letter (like the one that is sent to PDLs).

DirecTV seems to be debiting customer bank accounts for early termination fee without permission so often in California that there is a class action lawsuit.

Any assistance would be appreciated.