Skip to main content
index page

Pay an Old Debt to Collection Agency (Texas)?

Submitted by on Sat, 05/22/2010 - 00:13
Credits:
[Donate]

Long Story Short. Trying to lease a new Apartment my credit reflects an Old Debt with Direct Energy and I cannot sign my lease until I pay (I left the account with my name with my old roommates when I moved out 5 years ago, no idea where are they now). I called Direct Energy and they don't have any record of me owing anything, but they can't give me any waiver of financial responsibility or anything and the Credit report doesn't have a phone an address or a Collection Agency name so I can pay (just a "sub# 01f j3001-y" does anybody have seen this?). I didn't kept a single bill so no account number. How can I get out of this pickle? (Paying will need locate the agency or anything else) I need to move in two weeks!!!

Well, since you don't have any information about the debt nor your credit report shows similar information, it may worth disputing the debt with the bureaus. It would reveal the details about the account. If they can't proof it, they would remove it, which would leave your report free from negative information.

If they come up with the proof, you can then negotiate the account with its current holder.

Submitted by on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 03:02

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )