Skip to main content
index page

Allied Interstate agency

Submitted by on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 20:00
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello -

We have received calls from Allied Interstate, someone called my wife's cellular telephone and advised that we were left many messages and sent letters (not true) and that if she is not called back that she will take further recommendations within her office that would not be within her best interest. Furthermore what is interesting is that they are calling and asking for her under her maiden name. I have been married to my wife for 10 years now and she has been under my last name since then.
Any suggestions on how to proceed with this? My wife and I are hesitant to call this woman back for fear that it will simply "open a can of worms" that we are not looking to do. We have no debt that we are aware of, especially one that would be under my wife's maiden name.
My inclination would be to send them a cease and desist letter and that would hopefully be the end of it, but as of now we have no idea why they are calling or what they are calling about.
Thanks for the advice - look forward to your comments.
Rgds,

Collection agencies like Allied Interstate buy old accounts for pennies and most of the time they don't know to whom the debts belongs to. And Allied Interstate agency have a reputation of carrying out collection processes notoriously.

If you and your wife are sure that the debt is not yours, simply send them a cease and desist letter through a certified mail stating that you don't owe the debt. If they still contact you after receiving the letter, then you can file a case against them with the FTC.

Submitted by paulcahill80 on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 21:50

paulcahill80

( Posts: 2359 | Credits: )