Skip to main content
index page

Suspicious Phone Call

Submitted by on Fri, 08/20/2010 - 11:57
Credits:
[Donate]

I received this call which was left on my voicemail at work today. The message was from a guy who has an Indian accent, he stated that I needed to call him, it was concerning my social security number. Right there was a red flag because people wouldn't call you about your ss # like that, would they? But anyway he called and left that message for me....the phone is 619-309-4469.

I've gotten calls from these type of people off and on. The calls had stopped for about 3 or 4 months.

Could anyone please advise me? Does anyone know anything about this number or people?

Thanks again

I don't think you'll get too much of information about the number. These are scams that operate mostly from outside of the US. They scare people to make them pay. Don't pay heed to their tantrums. They'll cease to bother you if you ignore them.

You can file a case against them with your police authority for the phone threats.

Submitted by paulcahill80 on Fri, 08/20/2010 - 12:16

paulcahill80

( Posts: 2359 | Credits: )

well nothing came up with a search.this a scam based in INDIA.ignore it as calling him back or answering will get you illegal threats,and a deluge of calls.i would file a police report for the call.then again ingnore him.do not call him back.if you get stuck on the phone with him hang up.repeat as needed.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 08/20/2010 - 12:18

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Ok, you will not believe this. These idiots are calling me now from a Mississippi number that's associated with my hometown. Called himself Paul but with an Indian accent. Come on..............I'm about to go postal and cuss their behinds out if they keep on. But my co-workers are watching my back but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much do they really think a person is going to take cuz I'm telling you I'm not going to take anymore of their crap. I've got enough on me I will psycho on them.

Help me try to stay sane..................

Submitted by on Mon, 08/23/2010 - 11:21

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Well you've another 2 Pauls giving you advice here!!!!! Have you filed the complaints with the police and the Attorney Generals' office????

Just as a personal tips, tell them that you have filed a case against them with the FBI or CIA, whatever comes to your mind. Tell them that your phone is tapped and their address is already being traced. I think this will help you. Again, just from my personal experience.

Submitted by paulcahill80 on Mon, 08/23/2010 - 11:33

paulcahill80

( Posts: 2359 | Credits: )